Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:55:34 am

Author Topic: UoM General Chat  (Read 4767529 times)  Share 

yearningforsimplicity

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Former ATARNotes HHD & Psych Lecturer & Author
  • Respect: +133
Re: UoM General Chat
« Reply #1020 on: November 07, 2012, 03:15:04 pm »
Hey guys!
Just a Q about enrolling to subjects - on my study plan, I chose my psych major and enrolled into the appropriate subjects for next year so I'm happy about that BUT for some reason it's not letting me choose a second major/minor? :( Like I try to choose the second major/minor in the same way as I did for psych but I get an error saying "No set subjects for the criteria specified" or something like that :S :S To make things worse, literally every time for the arts student appointments are booked except the ones on the day I'm going overseas :( Do you guys think it's just a matter of calling 13MELB and getting them to alter my study plan?? :-\
2011: English | Methods | Psychology | Health & Human Development | Legal Studies | Texts & Traditions
2012: B.A. (Psychology) @ UniMelb
2015-16: Master of Teaching (Secondary: Psychology/Health) @ UniMelb
2017- Teaching Psych & HHD :D

Happy to help out with; Health & HD(48), Psych(48), Qs about UniMelb Psych or MTeach courses :D

*Doing Health & Human Development in 2021?* :D
yearningforsimplicity's HHD 3&4 EXAM REVISION PACKS :)

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +103
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #1021 on: November 07, 2012, 03:41:47 pm »
Hurdle exams are the woooorst - especially if you're not well prepared :( *cram cram cram*
I know right! So much extra stress! Is this accounting? :P
Don't get me started on accounting!... I haven't even looked at it yet :S Trying not to fail my exam for intro actuarial tomorrow! I plan to use 2 days for accounting, maybe a day and a half :/ Hopefully I can just memorise the transactions or whatever is required specific questions. I'll do those practice ones he put up, the hardest parts I reckon will be the construction of cash flow, consolidation and what we did for the management/costing. They take forever to do :( I'm glad I did the tute stuff this semester haha actually remember bits and pieces :P

cibicl

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #1022 on: November 07, 2012, 06:47:22 pm »
Hurdle exams are the woooorst - especially if you're not well prepared :( *cram cram cram*
Don't get me started on accounting!... I haven't even looked at it yet :S Trying not to fail my exam for intro actuarial tomorrow! I plan to use 2 days for accounting, maybe a day and a half :/ Hopefully I can just memorise the transactions or whatever is required specific questions. I'll do those practice ones he put up, the hardest parts I reckon will be the construction of cash flow, consolidation and what we did for the management/costing. They take forever to do :( I'm glad I did the tute stuff this semester haha actually remember bits and pieces :P
Oh wow, actuarial - goodluck! Yeahh I've completely neglected ATA. Been to lectures and tuts, but I haven't really done the questions yet. Printing the stuff now and am panicking like crazy haha! Hopefully the weekend is enough to learn it all! Goodluck! :)

banditkeith

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #1023 on: November 07, 2012, 10:04:24 pm »
+1
LOLOLOLOLOL gonna fail physics tomorrow 8D

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
  • Respect: +105
  • School: Melbourne Dental School
« Reply #1024 on: November 07, 2012, 10:49:57 pm »
I have no idea what to major in lol...

How would i go about becoming a pharmacist by majoring in pharmacology?? is there like a master of pharmacology at uom to become a pharmacist?
:D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D                               

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
« Reply #1025 on: November 07, 2012, 11:15:58 pm »

neither..
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #1026 on: November 07, 2012, 11:31:10 pm »
Oh wow, actuarial - goodluck! Yeahh I've completely neglected ATA. Been to lectures and tuts, but I haven't really done the questions yet. Printing the stuff now and am panicking like crazy haha! Hopefully the weekend is enough to learn it all! Goodluck! :)
I watched lectures online lol but went to tutes and did the hw so not that far behind :P yeah hopefully it's enough! although i've got linear on monday too :'( 2 exams to cram for dammit.

Best of luck to everyone :)

VivaTequila

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +131
« Reply #1027 on: November 08, 2012, 02:11:35 pm »

How would i go about becoming a pharmacist by majoring in pharmacology?? is there like a master of pharmacology at uom to become a pharmacist?

Nope. If you major in pharmacology, though, you can pretty much work for most major pharmaceutical companies. I think Monash has postgrad studies in pharmaceutical sciences.

LOLOLOLOLOL gonna fail physics tomorrow 8D

Hear hear!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:18:25 pm by VivaTequila »

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
« Reply #1028 on: November 08, 2012, 03:48:36 pm »
+1
One exam left. I need to catch up on a semester's worth of sleep.
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

b^3

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Overloading, just don't do it.
  • Respect: +631
  • School: Western Suburbs Area
« Reply #1029 on: November 08, 2012, 03:54:28 pm »
I know the feeling... *high fives*       *runs from UoM thread* :P
2012-2016: Aerospace Engineering/Science (Double Major in Applied Mathematics - Monash Uni)
TI-NSPIRE GUIDES: METH, SPESH

Co-Authored AtarNotes' Maths Study Guides

I'm starting to get too old for this... May be on here or irc from time to time.

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +661
« Reply #1030 on: November 08, 2012, 03:56:07 pm »
+2
*runs from UoM thread* :P

ugh monash

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #1031 on: November 08, 2012, 07:39:48 pm »
Cannot wait till Wednesday 12:15! Should be great - provided I don't fail my exam :P

VivaTequila

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +131
« Reply #1032 on: November 08, 2012, 07:43:00 pm »
+3
What the?

CULS20015: RAVE
Do I essentially get a free H1 for just going to raves and documenting my experience?

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
  • Respect: +105
  • School: Melbourne Dental School
« Reply #1033 on: November 08, 2012, 10:37:22 pm »
+2
What the?

CULS20015: RAVE
Do I essentially get a free H1 for just going to raves and documenting my experience?

An essay of 1400 words (35%) due mid-semester, a second essay of 1400 words (35%) due in the examiination period, a multimedia exercise (blog/wiki) equivalent to 1200 words (30%) done throughout the semester.

:D
:D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D                               

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +376
« Reply #1034 on: November 09, 2012, 12:18:19 pm »
Before they made that a second year subject instead of a third year subject, I was going to take it as a breadth and my friends were going to take it for their major and everyone was super excited. And then they made it a second year subject.
2009 ENTER: 99.05
2014: BSci Hons (Microbiology/Immunology) at UoM
2015+: PhD (Immunology) at UoM