Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:55:33 am

Author Topic: How Do Tertiary Offers Work?  (Read 38197 times)  Share 

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: How Do Tertiary Offers Work?
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2019, 10:40:35 am »
+1
When unis post their lowest in ATARS is that including SEAS ranking or not?
It depends. Does it say lowest atar or lowest selection rank? If it says lowest selection rank it will include seas, if it says lowest atar it likely won’t.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

darthnucleus

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2019, 10:57:16 am »
It depends. Does it say lowest atar or lowest selection rank? If it says lowest selection rank it will include seas, if it says lowest atar it likely won’t.
It’s the Monash page and they have atars with and without adjustment factors as a header but they refer to the number as a rank so I’m not sure https://www.monash.edu/study/courses/admissions-transparency/atar-offer-profile-report

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2019, 11:25:06 am »
It’s the Monash page and they have atars with and without adjustment factors as a header but they refer to the number as a rank so I’m not sure https://www.monash.edu/study/courses/admissions-transparency/atar-offer-profile-report
They call it a rank because that’s what the atar is. The atar without adjustment factors will be just the atar people had, the atar with adjustment factors will include seas/bonus points.

Ninjamagics

• Adventurer
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2019, 06:52:35 pm »
quick question.
So I want to accept my offer but it is #2 on my preferences and I'd rather do 1. Do I have to fill out all the paperwork which is required to accept my first round offer which seems like confirming im going to the uni, if so can I back out through a letter and more paperwork if I get my first offer in the 2nd round. I'm just really worried of somehow getting locked into my first round course and getting a second round offer, or accidentally letting my offer defer.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2019, 07:00:32 pm »
+3
quick question.
So I want to accept my offer but it is #2 on my preferences and I'd rather do 1. Do I have to fill out all the paperwork which is required to accept my first round offer which seems like confirming im going to the uni, if so can I back out through a letter and more paperwork if I get my first offer in the 2nd round. I'm just really worried of somehow getting locked into my first round course and getting a second round offer, or accidentally letting my offer defer.
Yep you should enrol in the offer you got. If you later get into the course you want you just need to give them a call and they'll tell you how to unenroll. You'll be able to drop it until census date (around march) so there's heaps of time.

cnfsed

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2019, 03:58:19 am »
hey so i got a mid 97 atar and enrolled in bcomm and eng at monash, but i’ve suddenly changed my mind and want to do comm comp sci instead... i’m stressing out since there’s probably gonna be way less offers in january but i’m over the lowest selection rank (2018) which was 96.95. realistically, what are my chances of making the course in the january round? also, comm eng was my first preference but i have moved it to the bottom of my list.

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2019, 01:13:29 pm »
hey so i got a mid 97 atar and enrolled in bcomm and eng at monash, but i’ve suddenly changed my mind and want to do comm comp sci instead... i’m stressing out since there’s probably gonna be way less offers in january but i’m over the lowest selection rank (2018) which was 96.95. realistically, what are my chances of making the course in the january round? also, comm eng was my first preference but i have moved it to the bottom of my list.
Chances are alright, as you’re trying for the second round. Usually quite a few switch direction or get a better offer, so there’s a reasonable chance.

Don’t forget to accept the offer you got for BComm/ Eng anyway, so that you still have an offer at the end of the day. (If you do this, the worst case scenario is that you can transfer into the course after a semester, assuming good uni grades.)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread