Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 07:45:01 pm

Author Topic: The Countdown  (Read 6083 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: The Countdown
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 12:57:03 pm »
+1
Really great to hear from you, and to read your update. :)

✅ UMAT
✅ Trials

Really getting through the year!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +41
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 07:15:43 pm »
+6
Really great to hear from you, and to read your update. :)

✅ UMAT
✅ Trials

Really getting through the year!

Hey!

I'm so flattered that someone's interested in my journal, especially someone as iconic as you haha!

I'm exhilerated knowing trials (oh, these were exams that terrified my year 11 self at the start of prelim) and UMAT are both done. But you've brought me to a startling re-discovery (istg someone is going to say "fresh and intensely meaningful" or some permutation of"discovery" some time in the future, and I'm going to have an heart attack). School is pretty much over, though classes still stride on. I'm getting applications and everything ready for the next year, but I'm kind of afraid of what will happen on the 15th of December. The prospect of not getting in a uni is terrifying, in a way, because that's all I've hoped for down the drain. I'm not entirely sure about how offers work?

Based on what UNSW's website described, it seems like we have:
1. Atar released
2. Interview (first round???)
3. UAC Round 1 Offers
3.5. Is there an interview stage here??
4.UAC Round 2 Offers
and sometime in there we know whether we get in or not.. When I should start looking at changing my preferences just in case I don't get into any of the schools during undergrad?

It also brings me to the idea of doing GAMSAT. Graduate medicine is what I'll be looking into if I don't get in, though its competitive nature worries me. My parents urge me to apply for a non-health related course, and I'll apply to a few other courses I was interested in, though it kind of feels like cheating my passion, especially since I'm writing drafts of why I want to be a doctor. And isn't that the million dollar question?

What will drive me to work at 2am, exhausted mentally and physically, stressed beyond compare, while kids my age will be in bed or out partying? What is my motivation, why am I passionate? To help people is obvious, but it's more than that. It's the prospective of being given a chance to equalise the playing field for everyone. It's my firm belief that, out of all professions, doctors have the most ethical need to be fair and unbiased towards their patients. A life is a life, whether it be a drug addict whose packet-a-day led to their lung cancer or a six year old leukamia patient. To be in a profession where you disband all your negative perceptions is incredibly rare and humbling. Because at the end of the day, you want your patient to be better. It'll be hard and sometimes you will learn to let go of those who you can't save but there is something absolutely beautiful in trying your best to give them the best end or future you possibly could. There's something beautiful in caring about every complex and diverse person that ever met you. And that beauty is something I think we should all praise.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 08:44:48 pm by justwannawish »

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 08:56:00 pm »
+3
Got all trial results back and they're not looking pretty at all. The worst thing is that I don't think my results reflected my efforts and that hurts more than getting bad marks back. Don't know what my rank is anymore, but I guess there's nothing to be done about internals. What is done is done.

Just gotta keep working til the end. I can't afford to let go of my dreams because of this. I think I've convinced myself that I have a chance at med, though I wonder whether I should aim for something else since my ranks and marks are looking shabbier by the day.

My second preference was actuary because I really enjoyed a lecture I went to and found it was really intellectually stimulating. I was thinking about applying for co-op there. Like Jamon said, there's no point doing it for the prestige and tbh I don't really know what makes Co-op so different from other scholarships. But it would be an amazing opportunity from all the accounts I've read and I don't want to regret not taking it when I could. Any thoughts?

fkkiwi

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 09:05:17 pm »
+1
Got all trial results back and they're not looking pretty at all. The worst thing is that I don't think my results reflected my efforts and that hurts more than getting bad marks back. Don't know what my rank is anymore, but I guess there's nothing to be done about internals. What is done is done.

Just gotta keep working til the end. I can't afford to let go of my dreams because of this. I think I've convinced myself that I have a chance at med, though I wonder whether I should aim for something else since my ranks and marks are looking shabbier by the day.

My second preference was actuary because I really enjoyed a lecture I went to and found it was really intellectually stimulating. I was thinking about applying for co-op there. Like Jamon said, there's no point doing it for the prestige and tbh I don't really know what makes Co-op so different from other scholarships. But it would be an amazing opportunity from all the accounts I've read and I don't want to regret not taking it when I could. Any thoughts?

Sorry to hear about your trial marks. Hopefully you can boss out the HSC and boost your marks then!!

As for Co-op, I would definitely apply for it (you have nothing to lose!!!). The reason why it appeals to so many people and is prestigious is because you get a whole year of industry experience (usually your fourth year) and this year will be more valuable than any time you spend sitting in a lecture room. Of course, you can get work experience/internships otherwise but Co-op is a nice way of doing it as part of your degree. Another reason is that most people who do Co-op pretty much walk out of uni with a job, something that's harder to do with a regular degree. Also, money! Who wouldn't want 18.2k a year??
HSC 2018: | English Advanced (91) | Extension 1 Maths (93) | Extension 2 Maths (86) | Physics (90) | Chemistry (92) | Studies of Religion 1 (47) |  ATAR: 98.70

2019: B. Eng (Hons) (Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering) / Computer Science @UNSW

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 09:52:41 pm »
+8
I was going to reply a few days ago when I got my UMAT results. But in a strange twist of fate, those results motivated me to have a few days off and just reconsider my life for a bit.

I briefly posted on Sarangiya’s journey about how the UMAT results aren't the be all or end all, and it’s ironic how long it took me to acknowledge that. Because when the results came out, I was heartbroken and felt like that was it, goodbye undergrad med. In retrospect, I had always been over-dramatic, perhaps I should have done drama instead. Let bygones be bygones, hey?

Setting
I had a study period in the library and it was a line where heaps of other kids were there as well. I was in the middle of a conversation when I noticed my phone had lit up- ACER notified me that UMAT results were out. Almost on auto-pilot, I excused myself and went to the bathroom. It was kind of an out of world experience, I didn’t know how I made it there, but I locked myself in a stall, sent a little prayer for any divine deity watching and, with trembling fingers, fumbled out my password and details.

Crunch Time
Then I saw my results. My heart lurched and it seemed like my entire world just shattered see what I mean about dramatics?). You see, I had always needed a high UMAT so my ATAR could afford to be that bit lower. But now, I had to gun for the highest ATAR possible because I had no other choice. Ofc at the time, I didn’t think of it like that, I called my dad and sobbed out, “I’m not going to get into med,” and sent him my UMAT results. And I think his thinking kind of changed at the same time, because for all this time, he had complete faith in my abilities- he believed that I could get a med interview for UNSW or WSU or Monash, that my ATAR could be in the 99s.

That was all ruined.

Results
I thought putting my marks here would be more dramatic lol: (62, 52, 60), 174 score, 84 percentile. Would have been so happy if my section 2 was in the same range as my others haha, but apparently my people skills suck  :o
When I went back to the library, my career’s adviser intercepted me- someone in our year had gotten a 100 percentile, another a 99, and both were my close friends. He asked me how I went and I confessed- I got in low 80s. A moment of silence passed and he told me he’d never seen someone with such a low score get into med. He said he was sorry I failed. Was that the nail to the coffin? Perhaps at the time it was.

The day ended and I went home, exhausted. My dad, after pondering the news, was furious and he kind of attacked me about my marks and efforts this year. It was a common scolding and probably shouldn’t have hurt as much as it did. But it did haha. His hurt was a parallel to my own and we both dealt with it in our own ways- he yelled and I cried. It wasn’t fun for either of us, and it’s something I wish to forget than ever live through again.

Hope!
I went through a bunch of UMAT forums and I realised I still had hope. Luckily, my sections were all above 50 and section 1 was my strongest (hey, I predicted this! But don’t hold me accountable for saying it wasn’t that hard). I had a shot for UNCLE, Adelaide and Monash! Not entirely sure if Monash would accept me because I’m interstate and idk how they rank UMAT. JCU was also available!

This is from the god themself:
84th percentile is a solid mark, particularly since you passed every section. If you get an ATAR into the 99s, you should be good for interviews at Monash, Adelaide and JMP.

Life goes on. And as I posted:
Afterwards, as hard as it was, I realised that everything has a reason for happening. Perhaps this will give you an opportunity that you would have never seen before. But you are more than your mark, you're made of all your strengths and memories and stories, and in five years' time, the UMAT would seem nothing more than a bad dream because I know you will make a difference to the world using your courage and passion and drive. I can't wait to see what you'll do in the future because you are capable of so much more!

And I hope the same advice also applies for me  :)

On the other hand, I realised how grateful I was for my friends and how much I love them for being there for me. I don’t deserve such gems!

Hopefully, I’ll have better news next time haha!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 10:02:49 pm by justwannawish »

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 好きこそものの上手なれ ☆ What one likes, one will do well
  • Respect: +383
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 11:48:32 am »
+2
~~
Hey! Sorry it took me so long to connect with you.
Firstly, congratulations on your awesome UMAT result! It's a really awesome score, and though you might worry so, I don't think your chances are slim at all. We must thank MSO for being a candle of hope in the darkness (lol). God (aka Quantum) has acknowledged you, so have some faith!! I'm rooting for you :D

But, it must have sucked to have such a reaction. That was so rude of your career's adviser. I hope that some people who are less sour and jaded can rebuild some confidence in you. Honestly I think that isn't professional conduct at all and you know what... ignore him. He hasn't seen anyone get in with that score? So what. Be the first. He obviously has not had wide exposure or experience in medical admissions to be saying such a thing... so prove him wrong. I really wish that you can!! Good luck!!!!
As for your Dad, I'm sure that was just his way of feeling pity for you. He seems to want the very best for you, but may be goes a different way about expressing it.  Though I can imagine it must have been hurtful, indeed. I'm sure in the end, he is very proud of you.

Thank you so much for your message on my journal. The advice you gave me most certainly applies to you too. This is not the end of the road. Things have a curious way of working themselves out, and in the end there is a reason for everything. I think you have done excellently and no doubt other people (and universities haha) will recognize that too.
You are a very compassionate, resilient and hardworking person. I have every faith in you for your future. I'll really be praying for you:)

Thanks again and good luck!!
Sometimes you make choices, and sometimes choices make you.

♡ Subjects ♡
2015: Japanese SL [42]
2016: Psychology [43] Philosophy [36] Japanese SL [50] [Premier's Award]
2017: UMEP Further Advanced Japanese [4.5]
2018: Methods [24] English Language [41] Chemistry [31] Psychology [41] Cert III in Allied Health Assistance [4.3]
ATAR: 97.45
2019-2024: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ UNSW

Sarangiya's 사랑하는 VCE Journal
Is Repeating a VCE Subject Worth It?

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 11:31:21 pm »
+6
It’s been a while since I last replied! So many mundane things have occurred in that time span and I’m keen to update you on all of them ;)

School
It’s our last week of school! I can’t believe it in a way and yet it also seems all too real. In four days, we’ll be done with all of it. And that’s what we’ve unconsciously being building up to for the last 13 years and it might just be me but that’s quite incredible! We have muck-up day on Tuesday and we’re going on a whole year picnic or something like that on Wednesday, followed by graduation on Thursday. Then we have formal and after that afterparty, which tbh I don’t know whether I’ll go to or not, there will be little other than our own dedication to one another tying us together. That's quite daunting..

There are people in my year who I know I’ll remain close with, no matter where we will end up or what we decide to do, there are others who I’d be glad to stop for a chat and a laugh if I run into them in the future. Some I might never see again- perhaps reunions and that’ll be it- and it might sound horrible, but I don’t think I’ll miss all the 160~ kids in our year? There were some I was close to back in year 7, others I shared one memorable moment or class with, but there also remain kids I haven’t really known that well and others I don’t really connect with. But that’s life. And after all these years together, I’m proud to say I don’t regret meeting any of them, especially the ones who have and still do play a significant role in the life of me today (somehow that ended up sounding like the acknowledgement of country, but I’ll take it!)

Marks
Oh dear…  I don’t think I really mentioned it, but I had accelerated Advanced and Ext 1 English the year before (ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively) and ended up with a band 6 and E4 respectively. A low one for both, but that’s over anyway, and I recently realised that I was a lot better at English than all my other subjects!

Well, I came first or second in nothing this year, which was somewhat disappointing as I used to be first in maths until this year  but I know my marks all improved from half-yearlies and I feel I have a far better sense of the course than before, which I am proud of too. It's too late to mope, I'll just continue to work hard and hopefully it turns out well in the end!
Ranks
Chem: 7/50~
English Ext 2: 5/30~
Maths Ext 1: 6/50~
Maths Ext 2: 5/30~
Physics: 7/45~
That looks like a parabola of sorts haha. 

Life Outside of School!
So many of my friends are born in this awkward part of the year and it seems my Fridays are dedicated to their parties. I’m slowly growing too old for them and feel tired at 8pm, but that’s okay :D
Spoiler
I keep on getting dragged by my friends for not wanting to drink, which was kind of a personal promise to myself. My grandfather was something of an alcoholic and I remember him yelling at me in a drunken rage when I was a kid, and I would hate to lose control of myself and act like that. I know realistically that not all people that drink act like him, but that connotation is hard to discard, and I felt more comfortable with not drinking myself. Surely, it should be up to me!

University Applications
Even after my UMAT, I made a pledge not to stop myself from applying to everything- I don’t want to regret any chance I could have had! So with that in mind, here are the Unis I have applied to for med:
UAC
1.   MBBS at UNSW (unlikely, but more likely than WSU lol- but this would be my dream uni‼!)
2.   MBBS at WSU (very very unlikely)
3.   MBBS at UNE/University of Newcastle (I had a strong section 1, so I might have a chance here)

QTAC
1.   MBBS at James Cook (finished that application and sent it to them by post- and even better, they’ve received it too!)
2.   MD at University of Queensland (probably won’t make it in, unless I get a bonded place, which was also on my list)
3.   Bonded placement MD at UQ
4.   Bachelor of Medical Science, Griffiths (provisional entry to MD, I’m working on this whole ATAR >99.75 thing…)
5.   Bachelor of Dental Surgery at James Cook

VTAC
1.   CSP MBBS at Monash (hahaha rip my chances)
2.   CSP Rural Cohort MBBS at Monash
3.   Biomedicine/Dental Surgery at Melbourne (I stand as much of a chance as a moth to a flame)
4.   Biomedicine at Melbourne

SATAC
1.   MBBS at the University of Adelaide
2.   Bonded MBBS at the University of Adelaide
3.   Bachelor of Clinical Sciences/ MD at Flinders
4.   Bachelor of Dental Surgery at the University of Adelaide

TISC
WA- tbh not too familiar with any of these universities or courses, but it’s still worth a try! Med is still med~)
1.   MBBS at Curtin
2.   Bachelor of Philosophy at UWA (provisional entry into Doctor of Medicine)
3.   Bachelor of Biomedical Science at UWA (provisional entry into Doctor of Medicine)
4.   Bachelor of Philosophy at UWA (provisional entry into Dentistry)
5.   Bachelor of Biomedical Science at UWA (provisional entry into Dentistry)

I’ve also applied for the Co-op Actuary program at Macquaire and UNSW, and (thought) I finished my responses until 8vefable pointed out both some of my horrendous grammar and the fact I decided that one of my responses was 750 characters, not 1000… I cry every-time.
I’ll leave my responses down below if anyone wants to look over them/wants to find out a bit more about me 😊

Explain what it is that most attracts you to the UNSW Co-op Program and the academic field(s) that you have chosen? 750 character limit
Spoiler
My interest in actuarial studies emerges from my love of problem solving, drawing me to a field where I can simultaneously learn and solve real-world challenges. I also valued a career that has a strong interpersonal focus, with actuarial studies best complementing my interest in maths with the chance to explain complex projects to my clients and improve their satisfaction. I believe the Co-op program’s hands-on work experience and professional development program would enhance my potential, providing me with invaluable networking and vital commercial skills for the workplace. The stimulating challenges presented to a Co-op scholar would endorse my continual commitment to improvement, best equipping me to become an all-rounded professional.

Learnings: Select one or two activities from either list in Question 1 and tell us the most important things you gained or learned from these activities. 1000 character limit
Spoiler
Debating and public speaking were integral learning opportunities for me, teaching me the importance of having a voice about societal concerns. Through the collaborative discussions endorsed by debating, I learned the importance of critical thinking and cooperation in creating a supportive team environment where we all felt confident in expressing our ideas and adapted to feedback. Committing myself to improving, these lessons were the catalyst for our achievements, including (i had a specific example here but it might reveal my identity too much haha so I’ll add that in afterwards. Hope that’s alright :))
Through the OZCLO linguistics competition, I appreciated the importance of finding new and innovative solutions to challenges, strengthening analytical skills in face of setbacks and a high-pressure environment. As a team, we developed our work ethics and organisational skills, with the competition taking place during our exam period. By learning to delegate problems to each other and make calculated risks, we were fortunate enough to place (same as above!!)

Personal development: What do you regard as your key strengths and areas for improvement? 1000 character limit
Spoiler
I am proud of my dedication and commitment, always willing to put all my energy into making sure everything is to a consistently high standard. My drive to get things done often encourages others to perform at their best as well. I try to remain conscious of everyone’s opinions and enjoy collaborating with different people to express many different opinions and gain a group consensus. I also possess a creative mind and can adapt to different situations and personalities as required, always looking for opportunities for improvement. I am willing to challenge myself and always desire to persevere through the rigours of each job. However, while I always have respected a deadline, I have struggled with my perfectionist nature, which has led me to spend too long on tasks and take on too much myself. To resolve my focus on redundant details, I am careful to delegate tasks in group projects and set individual deadlines for sections of a project, refocusing on the bigger picture.

Leadership and teamwork: Tell us about a situation where you were effective as a leader and/or or as a team player, e.g. describe how you significantly influenced others, or contributed to the effective operation/successful outcome of a situation or team. 1000 character limit
Spoiler
As a senior SRC member, I oversaw the annual Shave for a Cure fundraiser and directed the passionate committee of student volunteers. To overcome my inexperience and initial lack of direction, I consulted with previous SRC members and read through past ‘Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threat’ analyses to make the event successful. By deconstructing the mechanisms behind efficient events and establishing aims, we strengthened our strategic thinking skills and effectively communicated these goals to students. I also made sure to delegate roles to the other volunteers and always listened to all their suggestions, which allowed us to implement new ideas such as newspaper coverage and bake-sales. As the leader of this group, it was my responsibility to encourage my team to always do their best and I learned the importance of promoting our team morale through this period. Throughout the entire event, I made sure we could adapt to deadlines, which helped us exceed our initial target.

Decision making or problem solving: Drawing on your experience or involvement in a part-time job, community or school activity, describe how you overcame a challenging situation and what you learnt from the experience. 1000 character limit
Spoiler
After accelerating English, I was given the challenging opportunity to peer-tutor a student who was struggling at English. Dismayed by bad marks, this student had given up on improving and was initially reluctant to attend peer tutoring. Unsure of how to change his attitude, I decided to ask him to identify his weaknesses, then comprehensively explained the foundations of essay-writing and each module. Over a two-year period, we developed a shared rapport and I was able to incrementally increase his confidence in the subject by establishing small improvement targets. Working collaboratively to overcome his previous mistakes, he became more receptive to the offered feedback and started to actively participate in class discussions. This was a monumental experience for me, making me appreciative of the need to coherently express my ideas to everyone. Seeing him exceed his personal best throughout the year was very rewarding and it remains a privilege for me to aid him establish his goals.

Significant achievement or project: Describe an achievement in the workplace and/or designing, building, programming or creating something. You might choose to highlight your creativity; the ability to see alternatives; come up with many varied or original ideas; or willingness to try/learn new things 1250 character limit
Spoiler
During my role as an SRC member and school captain, I focused on reframing my school’s competitive nature towards academics, wanting students to be recognised for more than their marks. I had always been dismayed at how many of my peers defined themselves by their results, and the lack of clear information regarding support, establishing a committee to fix this attitude. After much consultation with the school community, we firstly introduced a male school counsellor, desiring to change the hypermasculine belief that boys should conceal their struggles. We then introduced ‘R U OK’ mentors for senior students and a lunchtime support group, both providing valuable discussion about mental health issues and personal concerns of the students. All these projects required approval by the school council and SRC, and I often liaised between these bodies, which strengthened my communication and consulting skills through forums, surveys and assembly announcements. This project also taught me the value of delegation, which improved productivity and allowed everyone to play an active role in such a vital issue. I would love to continue my commitment to improving someone’s life by consulting with clients on projects that better their life.

After graduation: What sort of graduate position do you imagine yourself in after university? 1000 character limit
Spoiler
My main goal is to adhere to the standards of conduct of a professional actuary, wanting to both be challenged and meet expectations. I would ideally like to work with risk and analysis in the role of an actuarial analyst in healthcare. Ultimately desiring to work for organisations like HCF, Bupa or even governmental health systems, like Medicare, I believe this opportunity to give someone the fairest access to care is both a vital and meaningful vocation. To combine logical insights across numerous disciplines, like an actuarial analyst does, would be a remarkable opportunity to develop a fresh and intensely meaningful outlook on a situation, which would be more valuable for the stakeholders at hand. I am also interested in modelling big data to find a personalised solution and encourage engagement between clients and investors. I believe this would enable me to uncover previously hidden links in data, identifying the connections that complete the picture in a fully productive role.

Personal qualities: Why should you be selected as a UNSW Co-op Program scholar? Describe the personal qualities and values that differentiate you and that you would bring to the UNSW Co-op Program. 1000 character limit
Spoiler
I believe I would thrive in the demanding but supportive environment in front of me. As a self-motivated, conscientious student, I enjoy working both independently and in a team environment, eager to learn from and represent other people’s opinions. I am willing to take risks and challenge myself for other people to enjoy it, having a resilient attitude that encapsulates itself in everything I do. I adore persevering through challenges and working to a resolution, with my commitment to improving myself through learning complementing the rigours of the actuary field. My interest in lifelong learning and strong interpersonal skills would allow me to give personalised support to others, my work ethic and passion supplementing my future goals. The invigorating nature of the course would be extremely rewarding, allowing me to simultaneously learn and apply my knowledge to real-world scenarios, which is something I have always desired in my future. 

After that very long entry, I'm going to head off to sleep and will reply to Sarangiya's message tomorrow!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:37:00 pm by justwannawish »

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 12:14:28 pm »
+3

Thank you for all your kind words. It was your journal that first inspired me to create my own, and while I haven't been very consistent with mine, it's always been a highlight of my week to read what you're up to in your life, cheering upon all your successes and sympathising with the days that haven't gone so well.

I've found some kindred in you, since we both have done accelerated subjects. While your marks were far more impressive than mine (the highest performance band in HSC is a Band 6 or an E4 for extension subjects, which require a mark of 90/100 or 45/50 representively), I also deliberately whether to repeat English or not. I decided not to, as I was afraid I would do worse this year, but your story was very encouraging to me as a reader!

Now, with my fangirling out of the way, let's get down to the real issue- UMAT. I read your first post about aiming for a 99.95 and I thought that was a deeply encouraging goal. I don't ever expect myself to get a 99.95, but I did hope that my UMAT would be far better than my ATAR and drag me across the line. But now, I have a very desperate motivation to get that 99 and hopefully smash a few interviews as well~ I'm determined to prove everyone else that they were wrong to make their judgment about me :) Nothing like spite to motivate you!

I'm rooting for you just as strongly as I am for myself, if not more. From your posts, it's evident that you're going to do big, big things in the future and I honestly can't wait to see what you end up doing! I hope you are met with nothing less than happiness. Who knows, maybe we'll meet each other in the future in some ward or another, and we'll realise that all the ups and downs we faced were all worth it in the end :)

Thank you so much for posting here! I love knowing people actually like my tired rants and excessive use of spoilers lol  ;) Please don't feel shy to continue updating me with your happenings, I'm so eager to see what happens!

And on a final note, you like Kpop? Tell me more :)

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 好きこそものの上手なれ ☆ What one likes, one will do well
  • Respect: +383
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 07:59:45 pm »
+2

Oh, that's so lovely! Your journal is very entertaining to read. We have both had some ups and downs, and its great to get closure with the help of others now, as well as having a record to look back upon. You also have great writing - what a great co-op application! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Yes! It's such a great environment because there are so many like-minded people here. Great job for doing accelerated subjects and congratulations for your fantastic results. And about repeating, I can definitely understand. I wrote my little article about it but in the end it is really up to the individual. Some people repeat subjects and don't improve all that much, find it mind-numbingly boring, or just have other options to consider. I'm glad you were encouraged but you've probably picked the right path for yourself :)

That's right!! Haha. I've lost a little confidence with the 99.95, but I'll try my best to get there. All the best to you too. Especially in proving them wrong! I think in that way, you're a leader. I can imagine that years after you're gone your careers counselor will be like "I once told this student that they didn't have a chance, but..." and continue to inspire other people.

Yes, I really do hope so. Thank you again for your kind words. I have to say I can see all the same and more for you by reading your application... it truly is impressive. You've already shown to your community how motivated, charismatic, compassionate and hard working you are. You can also see how massive the amount of potential you have is. I hope we can cross paths someday! I too am so excited to see where your path leads you because without doubt it will be somewhere amazing.

Thank you!! Do update yours when you have the time too! I'm so interested to how you end this year and start the next chapter in our lives. And yes, spoiler tags and rants definitely make for a good read (and write lol).
Admittedly yes! My bias group is EXO. If you are so inclined do send me an email/PM because I'm more than happy to discuss further! ;))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:04:57 pm by sarangiya »
Sometimes you make choices, and sometimes choices make you.

♡ Subjects ♡
2015: Japanese SL [42]
2016: Psychology [43] Philosophy [36] Japanese SL [50] [Premier's Award]
2017: UMEP Further Advanced Japanese [4.5]
2018: Methods [24] English Language [41] Chemistry [31] Psychology [41] Cert III in Allied Health Assistance [4.3]
ATAR: 97.45
2019-2024: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ UNSW

Sarangiya's 사랑하는 VCE Journal
Is Repeating a VCE Subject Worth It?