Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 01:43:50 am

Author Topic: 2 MONTHS LEFT TILL THE PSYCH EXAM  (Read 790 times)  Share 

lleeea

• Trendsetter
  • dont judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree
  • Respect: +6
2 MONTHS LEFT TILL THE PSYCH EXAM
« on: September 04, 2018, 09:36:30 pm »
Hey everyone,

Psych exam is in 2 months, well in about 2 months. Who's ready? i know i am not. AHHHH i feel so nervous and overwhelmed. i feel like i havent done anything this year for psych even though its my only unit 3 and 4 subject (im in year 11 rn). i have been doing pretty well in my sacs tho, i got 2 B pluses and A pluses for my last 3 sacs, so i am pretty safe atm. but my real worry is the exam, coz in the end that is what matters and contributes to most of my mark. if i dont do well on that, my whole study scores going to plummet. My schools underrepresented and the sacs are very easy. i feel like i havent been doing enough prep for the exam, especially section c (i still suck at it even though im halfway through the year and  have to pretty much ace it at this point of time, still cant manage to get over 5 marks on 10 mark questions). im so stressed out, i dont know what to do. And i still dont get full marks on all short answer questions. i feel like im not improving despite doing so many practice questions and exams. i guess its too late now.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 09:38:41 pm by lleeea »

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: 2 MONTHS LEFT TILL THE PSYCH EXAM
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 09:49:31 pm »
+3
i feel like i havent been doing enough prep for the exam
This time last year I hadn’t even started exam prep (and this time this year I haven’t either).

It definitely isn’t too late to learn how to answer those questions. Your SAC marks show that you know the content, you just need to learn how to answer exam questions - and that’s a great position to be in right now.

Have you been getting your short answer and section C answers marked by someone else or are you marking them yourself? If you’re doing it yourself consider getting your teacher to give you feedback on them (or post them on here), hopefully they can give you feedback on how to improve them rather than just what’s wrong.

i guess its too late now.
It’ll only be too late to learn after your exam (and, like, during your exam haha). If you give up you’re definitely not going to learn so keep trying, if what you’re doing currently isn’t working then try a different strategy - but keep trying until it does work :)
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: 2 MONTHS LEFT TILL THE PSYCH EXAM
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 07:36:25 am »
+2
Hey,

I went to an unrepresented school as well - please don't feel like this means you can't do well.

It's certainly not too late,  and very few people get full marks on all of the short answer questions so you might be in a better position than you think you are.

Please feel free to access the resources here,  such as asking questions or seeking clarification about your answers,  and/or having a go at some of the practice research questions. 

The first priority for you (in terms of psych) at the moment is probably to tackle some of the stress you're experiencing. I'd highly recommend that you look at your sleep schedule, diet and levels of exercise  & try to make little bits of progress for each one. 

I know the pressure is high when you don't have a strong school cohort, but based on your post I do suspect that you're in a stronger position than you think.

Best of luck :)