Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:11 pm

Author Topic: Monash Uni Undergrad Med Interview  (Read 1268 times)  Share 

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
Monash Uni Undergrad Med Interview
« on: December 15, 2020, 08:14:43 pm »
Hello

Since today was the first day of Monash Undergrad interviews, was just wondering if there were 6 MMI Stations in total? Also was the scenario left on the screen for the entire time or was it taken off immediately after the 2 minute reading time? Lastly, did all stations have 5 follow up questions or did it vary with some stations having 3 or 4? Ofc I understand the signed NDA so if you are unable to answer these questions because of that, then its all good.
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Re: Monash Uni Undergrad Med Interview
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 08:35:07 pm »
+5
We are allowed to talk about process in general and how we felt we went; it was explicitly stated this doesn’t breach the NDA :)

1. The intro video we watched telling us about the process said 4 or 6 stations BUT 6 of us were in the zoom so we did 6. I assume this means some people may have 4 but probably prepare for 6.

2. The question remains for 2 minutes but one of the ladies did have trouble with that but she did go back for me. Anyway that scenario was short.

3. Yes all had 5 follow up questions and if you finish early they ask if you have anything else to add to the scenario and can reiterate the questions for you to expand upon.

Good luck for your interview 😊😊
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 10:56:24 pm »
We are allowed to talk about process in general and how we felt we went; it was explicitly stated this doesn’t breach the NDA :)

1. The intro video we watched telling us about the process said 4 or 6 stations BUT 6 of us were in the zoom so we did 6. I assume this means some people may have 4 but probably prepare for 6.

2. The question remains for 2 minutes but one of the ladies did have trouble with that but she did go back for me. Anyway that scenario was short.

3. Yes all had 5 follow up questions and if you finish early they ask if you have anything else to add to the scenario and can reiterate the questions for you to expand upon.

Good luck for your interview 😊😊
Oh okay! Thanks for the info! I haven't actually gotten an interview but just kinda wanted to know the process in case I somehow get a Round 2 Interview. Hope you went well on your interview.
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

dedformed

• Trendsetter
  • Don't be upsetti. Eat some spaghetti.
  • Respect: +135
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 11:35:39 pm »
Wait so are the offers out?

Are they solely basing it on UCAT for first round offers then?

I'm not applying this year but just curious about the process
Lying in a Hammock at William Duffy's Farm in Pine Island, Minnesota
VCE 2021 - ATAR 98.85
my vce journal!

offering tutoring for English Language 3&4;)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 10:09:50 am »
+5
Wait so are the offers out?

Are they solely basing it on UCAT for first round offers then?

I'm not applying this year but just curious about the process

This year first round offers were based purely on UCAT, which I think is unlucky for the people who underperformed in UCAT but will get those 99.5+. At least they’ll have more time to prepare :)

I think this time around they mostly took rural people (the other 5 people in my zoom were rural and so lovely by the way!!) it was very chill I liked it. I have many friends (as well as people online) who got 3000+ and have not received an interview so I’m not sure how Monash REALLY decided.
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝