Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 02:15:11 am

Poll

i am willing to become a pediatrician/pediatric nurse, can i take General/Further math's  

No
0 (0%)
Yes
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: July 30, 2021, 12:04:03 pm

Author Topic: VCE subjects  (Read 2179 times)

hdfgh

• Adventurer
VCE subjects
« on: June 01, 2021, 12:04:03 pm »
 i am willing to become a pediatrician/pediatric nurse, do i need to take VCE methods or can i take General/Further math's 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 07:40:43 pm by hdfgh »

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
Re: VCE subjects
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 02:21:04 pm »
Hey i am a student in Year 10 doing a VCE subject Unit 1 & 2 in the future i am willing to become a pediatrician/pediatric nurse, do i need to take VCE methods or can i take General/Further math's 
Hey hdfgh!

For your ultimate goal of paediatric nursing, you will take the pathway of gaining a Bachelor's degree in Nursing. For becoming a paediatrician, you would have to complete (a minimum of) 6 years of tertiary schooling under higher-tier medical units included in Bachelor/Masters of Medicine. A Bachelor's in Nursing requires a general knowledge of mathematics, whereas a Bachelor of Medicine is much more competitive and would likely require a more advanced knowledge.

This is all dependent on which schools and studies you're leaning towards.

Here's some examples of the prerequisite criterion provided by Monash University:
https://www.monash.edu/study/courses/find-a-course/2021/nursing-m2006#entry-requirements-2
https://www.monash.edu/medicine/som/direct-entry/domestic

For both of these, you can look up the course prerequisites (what minimum previous experience is required for your entry into the course) on the websites of universities you are interested in.

tl;dr - to get into nursing, Further Maths is fine. To cover both bases, you would want to study Maths Methods.

Hope this helps! :)
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

hdfgh

• Adventurer
Re: VCE subjects
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 07:14:35 pm »
Thanks for the reply  :)