Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:08:39 pm

Author Topic: How does the Japanese section in L and R get marked.  (Read 1559 times)  Share 

lakvinu

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
How does the Japanese section in L and R get marked.
« on: November 19, 2019, 08:15:44 pm »
Hello,
Im basically confused as to how exactly the Japanese written part for the listening and reading works. Its out of 15 and 10 marks but what actually contributes to the marking. For example, if there is 1 grammar mistake in let's say 5 different questions do we lose 5 marks. or would we only lose 1 mark? I'm basically asking if they look at the entire listening part in terms of grammar and kanji and not just individually?. If theres someone that knows the awnser please awnser as quickly as possible.
Thanks

ss96684

• Adventurer
Re: How does the Japanese section in L and R get marked.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 08:43:33 pm »
+1
From what I understand, you get a holistic mark for grammar and accuracy (out of 5). So one mistake doesn't necessarily correlate to one mark lost. However, if you lose a few marks in content, your language mark will automatically drop too. For example in the Japanese reading section, if you get 4/5 content marks, the highest language mark you can get is a 4/5. So if you make a content mistake, you basically lose 2 marks automatically.

lakvinu

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 09:12:24 pm »
From what I understand, you get a holistic mark for grammar and accuracy (out of 5). So one mistake doesn't necessarily correlate to one mark lost. However, if you lose a few marks in content, your language mark will automatically drop too. For example in the Japanese reading section, if you get 4/5 content marks, the highest language mark you can get is a 4/5. So if you make a content mistake, you basically lose 2 marks automatically.

Hello, I'm still a bit confused. Okay, imagine I get all the content correct in 5 parts (a,b,...e). But in each one i get a grammar mistake(5 mistakes). If this section was out of 15 what would u think I would get. (10/15) or (14/15)???

ss96684

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:23:45 pm »
+1
Well that would depend on the assessor's judgement, but I think it would be highly unlikely that you would get 10/15. If they were only minor mistakes (such as forgetting a tenten or something) you might only lose 1-2 marks and still get 13-14/15 for the section. That's what I meant by a holistic mark - one mistake doesn't necessarily mean one mark lost.