Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:47:59 am

Author Topic: Physio  (Read 1718 times)  Share 

Onyx

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: -1
Physio
« on: December 14, 2018, 09:57:17 pm »
Really bummed out, can someone straight up tell me if there’s any chance at all for physiotherapy at Monash with 86? Or should I give up on it?
Thanks

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Physio
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 10:11:55 pm »
+3
In my year the Monash Guarantee ATAR for physio was 86 but I believe it has gone up into the low 90s with the removal of the interview from the selection process. It's a course that's in high demand so I think you're unlikely to get a first round offer.

Don't lose hope though - if you're set on physio, you can do a year of your course and make sure you get high marks and then transfer into the course. There's a fair few people in my course who have done just that :)

Onyx

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 11:06:29 pm »
thanks! would’ve made it if vcaa allowed three math in top 4 :(. But oh well, is it possible to do science at Monash then transfer?

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 12:31:41 am »
+3
thanks! would’ve made it if vcaa allowed three math in top 4 :(. But oh well, is it possible to do science at Monash then transfer?
This FAQ might help you. It says:
Quote from: Monash Physiotherapy FAQ
I am currently studying a degree at Monash University and I have a strong desire to study Physiotherapy. Can I apply for an Internal transfer into this degree?
Monash University students can  apply for an Internal Transfer into the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours).

To apply for an internal transfer students must have completed at least 48 credit points and achieved at least a distinction grade average in their university studies in order for their application to be considered.

For further information and to apply online, please click here.
I'm guessing it's a yes, but I say that veeeeery hesitantly. If K888 doesn't know, give Monash a call or visit and ask on Monday at Change of Preference Day.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 12:41:53 am »
+4
Yea definitely possible.     I directly know of two people who have transferred into physio  from monash science.      One this year (2018) and from memory the other one a couple years back maybe 2014.

Just make sure you have a decent WAM in science a minimum of 70 is needed and I think students in the past have gotten in with this (however would be dependent on quotas) but definitely better to have a higher wam.

Onyx

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 11:51:32 pm »
Yea definitely possible.     I directly know of two people who have transferred into physio  from monash science.      One this year (2018) and from memory the other one a couple years back maybe 2014.

Just make sure you have a decent WAM in science a minimum of 70 is needed and I think students in the past have gotten in with this (however would be dependent on quotas) but definitely better to have a higher wam.
You transfer after you complete the course right? Or could you apply in the first year or second?

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 11:56:44 pm »
+2
You transfer after you complete the course right? Or could you apply in the first year or second?
During the degree, depending on your study load (how many units/ subjects you're taking per semester). 48 points generally means passing at least 8 units, so if you're doing a standard 4-unit load each semester you can apply with a minimum of a 70 WAM after your first year in a suitable course.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread