Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 12:32:57 pm

Poll

Should I make a uni journal

yes
no

Author Topic: ✧ J_Rho's VCE Journey ✧  (Read 59334 times)

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: JadeRhoden's Journey To A 90+ ATAR
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2019, 07:53:08 am »
+2
I believe you would achieve  such score cause you seem very bright... I was a little hurt via the fact that I’m disadvantaged... and the highest atar last year at my school was suppose to be 76 but for some reason it became 70.(I don’t know how though)

People at my school are aiming for 50+ 😭 it worries me so much... I actually hope one day you achieve such amazing score🙏 (You would)

You can achieve anything you set your mind to - you can get the score you want even if your disadvantage as I'm sure you've heard VCE rewards hard work not smarts
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2019, 07:56:24 am »
You can achieve anything you set your mind to - you can get the score you want even if your disadvantage as I'm sure you've heard VCE rewards hard work not smarts

I was just reading through your post... and I’m so happy for you... YOU GOT a B in English congrats.

One question: if average 70+ percent in all my subjects what would my study score likely be...
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2019, 08:57:29 am »
+2
I was just reading through your post... and I’m so happy for you... YOU GOT a B in English congrats.

One question: if average 70+ percent in all my subjects what would my study score likely be...
Rank matters more than scores but check out the links below as they may be able to help you more then I :)
Check out this link:
https://twmpublications.com/statistics
And this thread:
https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=138501.2565

I beleive you could acheive a super good ATAR and be the first in your school :)
Because even if you have useless teachers or you classmates don't care about their education or whatever your case might be the ATARNotes community is here to help you suceed. There are threads for marking essays and subject specific question/tips threads which I'm sure you'll find useful.
I come from a rural school with some pretty interesting teachers and consequently I have to pretty much teach myself the content (so i understand where you're coming from) but whoever you are or whatever your circumstance is; if you put in the hard yards you'll reap the benefits :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:17:14 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2019, 08:57:48 am »
+4
Week 1 Term 4
- - - - - - - - -
Update #1
- - - - - - - - -
tl;dr: im stressed and broke
Man I haven't even finished Year 11 and I'm stressed about Year 12.
Stressed about content.
Stressed about the subjects I've selected.
Stressed about exams that are over a year away.
Stressed about doing well.
Stressed about whether imma fail English
Stressed about how to keep a work/school/social balance
Stressed about being broke and wishing I could afford ATARNotes topic tests.
Stressing because I have the mentality that you need to have extra resources to succeed.
Like I've made it my goal to become dux but like the other students who I beleive are my 'competition' have extra resources and it's frusturating me and my parents are like education is important but not important enough to help you pay for extra resources.
- - - - - - - - -
Should I do 4 or 5 subjects in year 12 ????
I'm not a strong English student so im worried that a bad english ss will really really badly affect my ATAR (hence why maybe I should do 5 so that could help that?)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:18:18 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2019, 07:36:22 pm »
Hey J!
I feel exactly like you at the moment, and I can definitely relate to your biology struggles (just did my 1st prac exam and got 47%....), so I know that everything feels like just too much at the moment but try to remember that it is almost over!

In terms of if you should do 4 or 5 subjects, it is really up to you. Doing a 5th won't make much of a difference to your ATAR as it only adds on 10% and it just means more work. Personally for me, I am doing 4 subjects as I know I can try and focus on them to get the best scores that I can. So just think about the extra work load for something that won't make too much of a difference.

English is such a struggle for me too! I don't have alot of money, so a youtube channel that is based on VCE english has some great videos which you should check out to see if you find helpful. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkH6-sgIxWjGb0kAaybyzew

Hang in there and good luck!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2019, 07:42:09 pm »
Hey J!
I feel exactly like you at the moment, and I can definitely relate to your biology struggles (just did my 1st prac exam and got 47%....), so I know that everything feels like just too much at the moment but try to remember that it is almost over!

In terms of if you should do 4 or 5 subjects, it is really up to you. Doing a 5th won't make much of a difference to your ATAR as it only adds on 10% and it just means more work. Personally for me, I am doing 4 subjects as I know I can try and focus on them to get the best scores that I can. So just think about the extra work load for something that won't make too much of a difference.

English is such a struggle for me too! I don't have alot of money, so a youtube channel that is based on VCE english has some great videos which you should check out to see if you find helpful. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkH6-sgIxWjGb0kAaybyzew

May I ask....why don’t you study what has been learnt for your biology sac... get Atar notes topic test.... ( the best advice I got my teacher was before an upcoming sac... ask what’s important to study and show he/her what Kind of question should I study from the atar notes topic test... you will be on your way to good marks 70+
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2019, 08:04:02 pm »
+1
May I ask....why don’t you study what has been learnt for your biology sac... get Atar notes topic test.... ( the best advice I got my teacher was before an upcoming sac... ask what’s important to study and show he/her what Kind of question should I study from the atar notes topic test... you will be on your way to good marks 70+
My SACs were alot easier than the exams, so the content in them isn't in enough detail for me to do well. I haven't got the topic tests from atar notes but I am using the ones from NEAP. Honestly what is making my marks bad at the moment is my study technique. I didn't revise before I took the exam, so my knowledge was quite rusty, so I am currently trying to mend those holes by going over notes and rewriting things I forgot or didn't know. But thanks for the advice, I think preparing really just varies between people and what their experiences are.

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2019, 08:45:13 am »
With all SAC's completed for the year I am testing and developing my understanding and working out gaps in my knowedge as it would be useless to revise the topics your confident in.
I took my first praccy exam (2017 neap) for Bio and got 41% as I wanted to see how I'd do with my current knowedge and to figure out where the largest knowedge gaps were. From there I've written down the study design dot points that cover the questions I'm struggling to get marks on and am focussing my study on that :)

Hey J!

Thank you so much Geoo, I'm worried that English wil really really negatively affect my ATAR but if I didn't complete HHD I could use that time to focus on English. I have come across Lisa's Study Guides in the past but glanced over them - I'll be sure to check it out!
What Enlgish texts are you studying next year??
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2019, 12:24:48 pm »
+8
Week 1 Term 4
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Update #2
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
This week was generally uneventful however I did have a Legal outcome on Remedies which I did not study for (oops) I think max score imma get is gonna be a 65%  :'(
I also have an English outcome on Monday which I am SO nervous for!! But thank god our teacher gave us the prompt on Friday so I can write an essay and plan it and try and recreate it on Monday....why is comparative writing SO HARD!?
I also have a maths assignment to catch up on  :-\ yay for falling behind and not being able to catch up
I also got my score for my biology SAC...I thought I did really good but only got 75% because I didn't put enough background reference in my intro and my discussion wasn't long enough :'( which means I need at least an 85% on the exam to have a chance at pulling a 35 ss
Other than that my school week was preeeetty uneventful....so heres a joke: A slice of apple pie is $2.50 in Jamaica and $3.00 in the Bahamas. These are the pie rates of the Caribbean.
Also any song suggestions for this months playlist????
Hope everyone's week is going great so far!!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:26:55 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2019, 05:03:21 pm »
+1
I also have an English outcome on Monday which I am SO nervous for!! But thank god our teacher gave us the prompt on Friday so I can write an essay and plan it and try and recreate it on Monday....why is comparative writing SO HARD!?
I know, right!?

I also got my score for my biology SAC...I thought I did really good but only got 75% because I didn't put enough background reference in my intro and my discussion wasn't long enough :'( which means I need at least an 85% on the exam to have a chance at pulling a 35 ss
Good luck!!

Other than that my school week was preeeetty uneventful....so heres a joke: A slice of apple pie is $2.50 in Jamaica and $3.00 in the Bahamas. These are the pie rates of the Caribbean.
That's awful.  ::)

Also any song suggestions for this months playlist????
It's sPoOky sEasOn, so I reckon the "A Series Of Unfortunate Events" themesong has gotta be on there. Also billie's All The Good Girls Go to Hell is pretty creepy.

Hope everyone's week is going great so far!!
You too!

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2019, 10:40:31 pm »
+1
How's it going jade?
What are your feelings towards the bio exam? Do you feel prepared?

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2019, 02:23:04 pm »
+3
How's it going jade?
What are your feelings towards the bio exam? Do you feel prepared?

Hey Geoo! I am feeling super unprepared for the exam even though I know the content I am struggling with working my responses in trial exams to gain full marks and demonstrate my knowledge. To an extent I am considering redoing Biology next year because HERE I COME UNDER 15 STUDY SCORE!
How about you? How are you feeling?
— VCE —

— University —

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2019, 02:52:24 pm »
+4
Hey Geoo! I am feeling super unprepared for the exam even though I know the content I am struggling with working my responses in trial exams to gain full marks and demonstrate my knowledge. To an extent I am considering redoing Biology next year because HERE I COME UNDER 15 STUDY SCORE!
How about you? How are you feeling?
That really sucks! I know how you feel at the moment, I have done about 16 exams an was never able to get above 70% aside from 1, so that really wasn't promising. I went into the year wanting a 45, but know all I want is over 35. I know the content and can recall is quite well, but my expression in the SA questions is just terrible..... I generally get close to full marks multiple choice which is good just the SA's is where it gets me....
I have kind of come to terms with it, so I am actually not feeling to stressed and quite calm whilst still just trying to study anything I can. I feel more disappointed than anything else, as I feel all my hard work throughout the year going down the drain. Other than that I feel fine, just waiting to get it over with, ripe of the band aid. ;)
I don't think you will get a 15 :P I definitely think you will do better than you think! I wish you luck and lets just be thankful that it will all be over soon...

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2019, 06:16:19 pm »
+1
That really sucks! I know how you feel at the moment, I have done about 16 exams an was never able to get above 70% aside from 1, so that really wasn't promising. I went into the year wanting a 45, but know all I want is over 35. I know the content and can recall is quite well, but my expression in the SA questions is just terrible..... I generally get close to full marks multiple choice which is good just the SA's is where it gets me....
I have kind of come to terms with it, so I am actually not feeling to stressed and quite calm whilst still just trying to study anything I can. I feel more disappointed than anything else, as I feel all my hard work throughout the year going down the drain. Other than that I feel fine, just waiting to get it over with, ripe of the band aid. ;)
I don't think you will get a 15 :P I definitely think you will do better than you think! I wish you luck and lets just be thankful that it will all be over soon...

:-[ you just explained pretty much exactly how i feel jeez.
It's so difficult to express my self in short answer questions :-\
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

pugs

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2019, 06:43:16 pm »
+5
omg following onto all of your comments above ^^^ i'm struggling with short answer as well !! it's so frustrating when you know the content, but you're not sure what aspects they are looking for :(

2019 vce journal here