Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:53:36 pm

Author Topic: English Unit 3 Assignment  (Read 1558 times)

KyraG

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
English Unit 3 Assignment
« on: November 21, 2020, 12:46:35 pm »
Hi,
I have been given draft feedback on my IA2 English assignment, which is a persuasive speech, that is due soon, though I am struggling to implement the advice and improve my draft. I was wondering if anyone could help me improve it or give me additional advice/feedback? I attached the draft and the task sheet. The feedback I received was mainly that I needed to better use rhetoric, specifically pathos, to make it more engaging, talk more about the media representation and less about my perspective as if I'm reporting on the topic (make it fit the context better), and further mention the cultural assumptions that underpin the representations. I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
Re: English Unit 3 Assignment
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 07:42:51 pm »
+1
Hi,
I have been given draft feedback on my IA2 English assignment, which is a persuasive speech, that is due soon, though I am struggling to implement the advice and improve my draft. I was wondering if anyone could help me improve it or give me additional advice/feedback? I attached the draft and the task sheet. The feedback I received was mainly that I needed to better use rhetoric, specifically pathos, to make it more engaging, talk more about the media representation and less about my perspective as if I'm reporting on the topic (make it fit the context better), and further mention the cultural assumptions that underpin the representations. I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks

Hey KyraG,

Since I just graduated high school (yay!) and have a lot more time on my hands, I would be more than happy to proofread, edit and annotate your assignment if you would like! However, I have a minor surgery tomorrow so my annotated version may be a little bit delayed, depending on how drowsy or unenergetic I feel after my surgery. But I'll definitely try to get it done tomorrow or the day after for you! I'll try to get it back to you as soon as possible.

Have a great week and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

KyraG

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: English Unit 3 Assignment
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 08:04:37 am »
Hey KyraG,

Since I just graduated high school (yay!) and have a lot more time on my hands, I would be more than happy to proofread, edit and annotate your assignment if you would like! However, I have a minor surgery tomorrow so my annotated version may be a little bit delayed, depending on how drowsy or unenergetic I feel after my surgery. But I'll definitely try to get it done tomorrow or the day after for you! I'll try to get it back to you as soon as possible.

Have a great week and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.

Hi Darcy,

Thank you so much for offering to help. I actually had to hand in the final the other day, so you don't have to worry about giving feedback. Thanks anyway though, I appreciate the offer.

Kyra