Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:13:52 am

Author Topic: Major Studies  (Read 5509 times)  Share 

amirite?

Major Studies
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:52:20 am »
How many major studies of interest constitute a course worthy of listing in my preferences?

A high-up preference for me is looking like the Arts Degree (Major in Psychology) at Monash Clayton which offers the following:
Anthropology, Archaeology and ancient history, Asian studies, Australian indigenous archaeology, Australian indigenous studies, Australian studies, Behavioural studies, Chinese, Chinese studies, Chinese translation, Classical studies, Communications, Comparative literature and cultural studies, Creative writing, Criminology, Drama and theatre studies, English, English as an international language, European and European Union studies, Film and television studies, French studies, Gender studies, Geography and environmental science, German studies, Hebrew, History, Human rights, Indonesian, Indonesian studies, International studies, Italian studies, Japanese, Japanese studies, Jewish civilization, Korean and Korean studies, Linguistics, Music, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Religion and theology, Sociology, Spanish and Latin American studies, Sustainability, Theatre studies, Ukrainian, Visual culture.
The ones in bold are the ones I am very interested in, I dont mind a few others.

If I fail to get into this course though there is the course Arts course at Monash Caufield which requires an ATAR ~6 points lower. The major studies here are: Behavioural studies, Communications, Criminology, English, Film and television, History, Human rights, Indonesian, International studies, Italian studies, Journalism, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Public relations, Sociology, Visual culture.

Theres obviously a lot more on offer at the Clayton campus however the Caufield campus seems to have most things im interested in that Clayton has. Would it be good to list this course (Caufield) as a back-up to the Clayton one?
A n00b question - do all the major studies branch out into more specific units(?) ie. psychology: cognitive, forensic, social, etc.?
Would it be a good idea to do first year at Caufield then transfer to Clayton and continue study there? How hard would it be to do this?

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
Re: Major Studies
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 11:02:43 am »
im not sure, but i think if you do arts at caulfield you can elect to do subjects at clayton anyway, is this true anyone?
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

j-awad11

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +10
  • School: Kilbreda College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: Major Studies
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 04:07:08 pm »
im not sure, but i think if you do arts at caulfield you can elect to do subjects at clayton anyway, is this true anyone?

I'm pretty sure this is true, but I think they make you choose at least one unit at the home campus (Caulfield), but one unit won't be much of an inconvenience, and if they are offered via DE, I think it works out the same except you don't have to rock up to any classes :)