Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:15 pm

Author Topic: HSC results - final countdown  (Read 5729 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
HSC results - final countdown
« on: December 09, 2019, 12:17:33 pm »
How are you all feeling? Counting down the days or pretty relaxed about things?

Use this thread for any thoughts or musings about upcoming results. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
Re: HSC results - final countdown
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 01:02:02 pm »
I felt pretty calm in the past few days, but my anxiety is rising steadily. How is everyone else feeling?
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

Grace0702

• MOTM: OCT 19
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 06:29:03 pm »
I'm like fine at the moment, I currently have other things on my plate e.g. I book a test to get my L's tomorrow  :o and I haven't really prepared for it yet lol ;D
HSC 2019: Advanced Maths 92 || Standard English 89 || Physics 80 || Business Studies
95 || Information Processes and Technology 94 || Studies of Religion 1 45

ATAR: 96.05

2020: B Engineering/B Commerce @USYD

nicole.pan1

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 09:40:29 pm »
Super Super DUPER anxious to the extent I think it's unhealthy. I'm praying that I get a 90+ but I really don't know anymore >< I know I can't change anything now but I found HSC way harder than trials, anyone else felt the same?
HSC 2019:
4u English I Legal Studies I Modern I SOR1 I History Extension

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 12:29:05 am »
Super Super DUPER anxious to the extent I think it's unhealthy. I'm praying that I get a 90+ but I really don't know anymore >< I know I can't change anything now but I found HSC way harder than trials, anyone else felt the same?

In one way or another, yes, I felt that in some subjects (physics!) the HSC was harder.

Update: Now that the marking guidelines are out, my anxiety has quadrupled. I honestly can’t wait for this period to end.
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 09:55:12 am »
Offering some words of encouragement in hopes it'll alleviate how you are all probably feeling  :)

I'm like fine at the moment, I currently have other things on my plate e.g. I book a test to get my L's tomorrow  :o and I haven't really prepared for it yet lol ;D

Good luck for your L's! Make sure to get a good night's sleep, eat a good breakfast/lunch and practise running through the test a few times more before you complete it. They give you way more time than you need so take it slow and read each question carefully. You'll have time to come back to it and check your answers. You'll do amazingly  :)

In one way or another, yes, I felt that in some subjects (physics!) the HSC was harder.

Update: Now that the marking guidelines are out, my anxiety has quadrupled. I honestly can’t wait for this period to end.

When I sat my HSC, I also found the exams harder than Trials! I got caught off-guard by so many questions in the final exams so both of you aren't alone in feeling this way. Just remember that you know your content, you've tested it for multiple assessments and you prepared for those exams in such rigour the whole year. While the exams may have felt impossible to do in the moment, and even in hindsight, trust in yourself that you gave it your best shot. At the end of the day, that's what truly matters  :) I'm sure both of you put in your absolute best and whatever marks come out of that are only one way of measuring of success. Your results won't determine the success you're yet to have in the months, years and decades to come; what determines success at the end of the day is how you feel about your own work ethic and drive. Hope that helps a bit with the anxieties surrounding the marks!

I'll leave off my post with a good luck to everyone in the Class of 2019! You've all worked so hard and it's been wonderful seeing your posts on the forum  :D Take the rest of the days before the marks are out to celebrate your achievements and let us know how it all goes  :)

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

elania2171

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 06:03:10 pm »
I felt pretty calm in the past few days, but my anxiety is rising steadily. How is everyone else feeling?

Bruh I'm having literal nightmares ....bahah last night I had a dream about making spelling errors in my ext english exam... it's only just started happening as well ... aghhhh just want the 17th to come  ::) ::)

Is anyone else constantly reading over the papers and estimating their results?... Because I sure am and idk if I'm going insane hahaha

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 06:05:57 pm »
Is anyone else constantly reading over the papers and estimating their results?... Because I sure am and idk if I'm going insane hahaha

I’m not reading over papers haha, but I keep thinking about it and estimating my mark too. Ever since the marking guidelines for all papers came out, my head is a bit crazy, trying to estimate which question I will get least marks for and so on.

elania2171

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 06:08:46 pm »
I’m not reading over papers haha, but I keep thinking about it and estimating my mark too. Ever since the marking guidelines for all papers came out, my head is a bit crazy, trying to estimate which question I will get least marks for and so on.

Ohhhh well good luck!! Not long now  ;D ;D

IforgotMyPasswordHelp

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2019, 04:08:48 pm »
Got hospitalized from a panic attack just thinking about Tuesday the 17th :( So nervous for results that it isn't even healthy anymore. On the bright side after we get results we get to be stress free for 2 months with no responsibilities! At least until uni. :P

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 04:31:55 pm »
Got hospitalized from a panic attack just thinking about Tuesday the 17th :( So nervous for results that it isn't even healthy anymore. On the bright side after we get results we get to be stress free for 2 months with no responsibilities! At least until uni. :P
Oh my I hope your doing fine. Try to get your mind off it by doing something, going out with friends or whatever =).
Anyway don't stress yourself out that much.

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2019, 08:38:58 pm »
Less than 12 hours to go! How is everyone feeling?

I'm planning to wake up at 5:30 and film a reaction video. I will also be plugging in my marks onto an ATAR calculator to see what ATAR I should hope to get.

BTW thanks angewina_naguen for the amazing advice! Definitely calmed my nerves down a little bit ;D

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 05:57:53 am »
That was slightly later than last year, the suspense was nuts.

Slightly disappointed that I couldn't get a few extra marks in English, but overall quite happy! :)
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2019, 06:08:49 am »
Hmmmm...

Okay, I'm actually pretty stoked with my marks, only wish science extension was a bit higher but anyways, pretty happy!

melberry

• Trailblazer
  • 自分の夢を追いかけろ
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 06:38:20 am »
Overall pretty happy with my marks. I wish Economics was a bit higher, and that I had finished that one essay in English Advanced but otherwise quite pleased. I'm pretty sure these marks will get me where I want to go :D

Good luck everyone!!
2017: Information Processes and Technology
2019: 4U Math, 3U English, Japanese, Economics
ATAR: 94.85