Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:17:15 am

Author Topic: Advice on logically ordering practice exams?  (Read 1096 times)  Share 

Agentbarks

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Advice on logically ordering practice exams?
« on: September 23, 2017, 09:41:54 pm »
Hey guys, there's about a month and a bit left 'til the bio external exam, and so we're all probably shuffling through papers and notes, trying to milk every last bit of information about polyploidies and that guy with a trinucleotide repeat.

This also means that we're all hecitcally chruning out practice exams, hoping for some sign of improvement each time. But my question is - in light of the new study design and the fact that VCAA's past exams may be semi-outdated - which order do you think is the most reasonable and effective when completing VCAA past year exams? That is, should I start with 2016, then go all the way back to 2002, and build my way up to the 2017 sample exam - or do you suggest otherwise?

Im open to all suggestions as long as they're justified

pikachu975

• Forum Obsessive
  • Stars and Bars
  • Respect: +45
Re: Advice on logically ordering practice exams?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 10:04:48 pm »
Probably 2016 to 2002 then come back to 2016 at the end to try hard questions again to see if you've improved

Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.
Send me a message if interested!

2016 HSC (Accelerated):
// 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //

2017 HSC:
// English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //

Goal: 99.9

Eric11267

• Trendsetter
  • Today three of my enemies I shall strike dead
  • Respect: +41
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 10:09:30 pm »
I'd say start from 2002, but make sure you have enough time before exams to get to the latest ones. The latest ones are likely more relevant to the current study design, so the knowledge gained from doing those will be more valuable and you'd want to retain those.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 11:13:16 am »
+1
I did oldest to newest last year and found that that worked really well for me;  you just have to make sure to accurately estimate how many you can get done so that you don't run out of time to do the most valuable ones