Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 05:50:45 am

Author Topic: UNSW O-week  (Read 1636 times)  Share 

FallonXay

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
UNSW O-week
« on: February 13, 2017, 03:53:50 pm »
Helloooooo,

I was wondering if any of the sessions on O-week specifically are highly recommended going to i.e Official/ Faculty welcomes, etc.

Thanks.
HSC (2016): English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics: Extension 1 || Physics || Design and Technology || Japanese Beginners

University: B Science (Computer Science) @UNSW

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: UNSW O-week
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 03:58:57 pm »
+1
Gotta admit, I was told to just skip all of them. And when I got there, I definitely skipped all of them because the fun factor was too dominating.

I'm not too sure about the faculty welcomes, because there might not be that much relevant for you. But if you do want to attend some of the other lectures involving things like resume writing then that's worth considering. It's your call though; go to them if you feel you'll benefit from them.

Otherwise, I'd say focus on the week being the biggest bludge ever.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: UNSW O-week
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 12:21:06 am »
+1
Helloooooo,

I was wondering if any of the sessions on O-week specifically are highly recommended going to i.e Official/ Faculty welcomes, etc.

Thanks.

Just adding, I went to my faculty welcome - Not worth it. I think they forget that you have already enrolled and so they don't need to sell you on their programs anymore, aha ;D either go to some of the more fun stuff or take an extra week holiday I reckon! ;D