Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:57:02 pm

Author Topic: History Extension  (Read 4892 times)

student16

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Davidson High School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
History Extension
« on: October 25, 2016, 10:08:19 am »
Hey everyone,
I just decided to create this forum to discuss the wonderful debate of 'What is History?' and some exam techniques.
Also, for section two, is anyone doing; 'The Crusades; campaigns of the cross?' ?
Good luck for exams!  :) :) :) :) :) :)

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
Re: History Extension
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:12:35 am »
Hey everyone,
I just decided to create this forum to discuss the wonderful debate of 'What is History?' and some exam techniques.
Also, for section two, is anyone doing; 'The Crusades; campaigns of the cross?' ?
Good luck for exams!  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yeah I am student!!! Good luckK!
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

unnecessaryfeelings

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 02:18:53 pm »
When your teacher is utterly hopless at History Ext and you have to get historiorgraphy by yourself haha

What current historiorgraphy does everyone have? And is anyone doing the JFK case study? :)
HSC 2016
ATAR Aim: >85

Subjects:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Economics
General Mathematics 2
Legal Studies
History Extension
Modern History

ATAR 2016: 91.10

mzaria

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 02:23:47 pm »
Hi guys! I'm working on 3U right now and it sucks that extension history is the day after. What is History, for me, is worse than my case study. I don't really like What is History because it can be so open. I guess that's not a bad thing but choosing the 'right' historians to discuss is quite challenging and normally I just use the random ones I remember. Anyone doing appeasement?
ATAR goal: >80
(or over 69 since I applied for SRS)

Subjects:
- Advanced English
- Mathematics
- Mathematics extension 1
- Ancient history
- Modern history
- History extension
- Legal studies

Course: Combined bachelor of Visual communications and International studies (ATAR of 94 ish)

AFix

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 02:24:49 pm »
I hope they don't screw us up with the question

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 02:33:56 pm »
Hi guys! I'm working on 3U right now and it sucks that extension history is the day after. What is History, for me, is worse than my case study. I don't really like What is History because it can be so open. I guess that's not a bad thing but choosing the 'right' historians to discuss is quite challenging and normally I just use the random ones I remember. Anyone doing appeasement?
I'm the complete opposite haha, much prefer section I. I find the case study difficult because theres so much you HAVE to include eg. the specific debates, that I'd just much prefer having a more general discussion about my opinions. My section II essays always seem to look like my section I essays because I forget that I actually need to consistently reference my debates and specific historians (case study: Western Imperialism)
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Celeriac

• Trailblazer
  • School: --
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 02:42:49 pm »
How many areas of debate do you guys include in your case study essays?

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 02:44:27 pm »
Usually 2, though I have 1 way more in depth than the other just because I'm more comfortable with it haha. If need be I can do 3 but I'd prefer not to haha.

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

unnecessaryfeelings

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 02:46:39 pm »

Well in my trials I did 2, but if I run out of time I might just do one as for my case study theres aloooooot of authors/historiorgraphy to cover haha
HSC 2016
ATAR Aim: >85

Subjects:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Economics
General Mathematics 2
Legal Studies
History Extension
Modern History

ATAR 2016: 91.10

Celeriac

• Trailblazer
  • School: --
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 02:47:15 pm »
+1
Usually 2, though I have 1 way more in depth than the other just because I'm more comfortable with it haha. If need be I can do 3 but I'd prefer not to haha.

I usually do one, although it's technically two. Two of the areas of debate around JFK are so similar that they're practically the same thing. I think 2 is great overall. It'd be hard to have an in depth essay with more than that (in my opinion anyways).

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 03:46:25 pm »
I usually do one, although it's technically two. Two of the areas of debate around JFK are so similar that they're practically the same thing. I think 2 is great overall. It'd be hard to have an in depth essay with more than that (in my opinion anyways).

Yeah same within Western Imperialism. The debates around origins and aims are basically the same, and then I can slip Impacts in as well :)