Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:00 pm

Author Topic: Module B Namatjira  (Read 4128 times)  Share 

Natasack

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Module B Namatjira
« on: July 10, 2020, 10:16:16 pm »
Does anyone have a good Namatjira essay?

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Module B Namatjira
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 06:18:03 pm »
+3
Does anyone have a good Namatjira essay?

Hey, Natasack!

Welcome to the forums! Since only a school or two usually choose this play, it's next to impossible to find a good sample essay. You might be able to ask your teachers at school for a sample from the cohort above you if they did the text; otherwise, I think it's a futile search. What did you want the sample for? I might be able to help out with some more general advice  :)

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Natasack

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 02:46:22 pm »
Hi Angelina,

I need to write a practice essay in preparation for trials and don't know where to start  :(

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 09:32:55 pm »
+2
Hi Angelina,

I need to write a practice essay in preparation for trials and don't know where to start  :(

Hey, Natasack!

The first step is to deconstruct the question you are responding to. This can help you start firstly with establishing a thesis (judgement) for your response and from then on, you can make an essay plan that works around it. I think diving into an essay straight away can be quite overwhelming if you aren't sure what your actual stance on the question is so I would highly recommend drafting up a plan and developing your essay from there. If you haven't got a question to work with, you might like to try one of the Trials Revision questions I wrote  :)

The other key thing with Module B is to make sure you consider the universal appeal and timelessness of your text. This should be integrated throughout your response but particularly highlighted in your linking sentences. For example, you might look at the theme of ignorance in the play and have this as a linking sentence; "Therefore, the play confronts the issue of ignorance in order to educate the audience on the ongoing importance of cultural awareness and understanding." You might find it helpful to write the linking sentences of your paragraphs as part of your essay plans as well because they can give you a final direction you need to head towards. Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

Natasack

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 08:22:59 pm »
 Thanks for your input.
So, linking sentences (the last sentence of each paragraph, right?) need to address the effect on the audience rather then link back to the question?

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 08:45:58 pm »
+1
Thanks for your input.
So, linking sentences (the last sentence of each paragraph, right?) need to address the effect on the audience rather then link back to the question?

Hey again!

They are both important to link back! You can use the key words of the question and combine with the theme you explored in the paragraph, along with audience impact, to achieve this. Take this question for example; "To what extent has prejudice been represented as a universal concern for society? Make reference to the provided excerpt and your knowledge of Namatjira." One of your arguments might have been on ignorance as a theme and if we were to look at the sample I provided in the previous post, you might link back effectively with something like this; "Therefore, the play explores how the presence of ignorance is concerned with prejudice, enabling the audience to understand the continual importance of culturally informed perspectives and education." In this linking sentence, I have presented both the effect of the text on the audience, as well as the key words of the question. Hope that clarifies it a little better!

Angelina  ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:27:26 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

Natasack

• Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 09:13:17 pm »
+2