Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 07:04:33 am

Author Topic: What should I do?: Chinese VCE or do Biology VCE early? URGENT  (Read 982 times)  Share 

zedd

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
I need help! I'm choosing my year 10 subjects this week and they need to be done by friday. I'm torn between either continuing chinese SL til VCE or starting Bio 1&2 in year 10 (so i would be doing 3&4 in year 11). I can only choose one so i have enough elective spaces. Which one is more beneficial and worth it? Please help me im really stuck
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 11:15:37 am by zedd »

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
Re: What should I do?: Chinese VCE or do Biology VCE early? URGENT
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 11:23:33 am »
+5
I need help! I'm choosing my year 10 subjects this week and they need to be done by friday. I'm torn between either continuing chinese SL til VCE or starting Bio 1&2 in year 10 (so i would be doing 3&4 in year 11). I can only choose one so i have enough elective spaces. Which one is more beneficial and worth it? Please help me im really stuck

Depends on what your strength and weaknesses are! Biology is a good subject to do early, however, I know a few friends that did Chinese SL early because the workload is quite demanding! (They did pretty good too and would have not been able to get the scores they did if they didn't do it early) Which one do you think you will need more time to study and understand? I know the Chinese SL workload is massive, but if you were to do it early, you could have more time to understand it better! Bio is quite a popular subject to do in Yr 10, so you most likely would have a friend to study with if you were to pick that. Which one do you believe you would do better in? ;D

Genshai

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
Re: What should I do?: Chinese VCE or do Biology VCE early? URGENT
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 05:45:55 pm »
+1
hmm, i think chinese has a 'heavier' course, so it might be best to do that first (so you can dedicate more time to it). Is it possible to make a request to do both? i know some people who did requested (and got) two 1/2s in year 10 (of course, there are different policies).
Good luck with your choice !
2019: Biology [40]
2020: English [35], Methods [27], Art [36], Revs [38], Chem [29]

ATAR: 87.85