Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:35:58 am

Author Topic: Methods Unit 1 Failure  (Read 1377 times)  Share 

sunshinejjk

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Methods Unit 1 Failure
« on: June 17, 2019, 02:46:23 am »
I haven’t been doing well at all in methods unit 1, I’m doing it as an advanced course in Year 10 but am finding it very difficult as the teacher just rambles on without clearly explaining the topic. A lot of people in the class are failing. I would try to teach myself the topics but they’re quite advanced however the teacher only makes me more confused. My sac scores have been as follows:
- Sac 1: 42%
- Sac 2: 37% (Fail)
- Sac 3: 16% (Fail)
My teacher says I have to do better on the exam in order to maybe get an S. If I get an N what will happen? Will I have to repeat the unit? Do I still get to do unit 2? What will this affect? Please help me.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Methods Unit 1 Failure
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 07:24:55 am »
Hey!

It's partly up to your school. As long as you're doing at least 4 other VCE subjects, failing U1 methods won't really affect anything. You can do unit 2 even if you fail unit 1, but your school might not want you to. If you think the way that your teacher is teaching isn't helping you learn, that's probably not going to change next semester - if possible, you could try and change to a class with a different teacher, or you could get a tutor to help you outside of class.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra