Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:29:54 am

Author Topic: ATAR Notes Update Thread  (Read 59924 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: ATAR Notes Update Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2017, 08:03:29 am »
+2
Website Update: We have just made a BIG behind the scenes upgrade to the software that keeps our site ticking! It's not big in itself (just a newer version), but it has caused a few little bugs to come to the surface...

Our legendary developer appears to have fixed the issue guys, you should be all set to download your Notes! ;D let us know if it isn't working for you or if you have any issues ;D

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2017, 01:16:45 pm »
Our legendary developer appears to have fixed the issue guys, you should be all set to download your Notes! ;D let us know if it isn't working for you or if you have any issues ;D

Nothing has changed for me - as I have for the last year, I get a 502 error when I try to access or search for specific notes. :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2017, 02:02:58 pm »
Nothing has changed for me - as I have for the last year, I get a 502 error when I try to access or search for specific notes. :)

Dammit.

We were so sure that would have fixed it... Thanks for that Heids, I guess we'll keep trying!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 05:35:16 pm »
Can confirm same error as heidi. It was working yesterday when you posted that it was fixed Jamon.. but today, nope.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 05:49:44 pm »
Can confirm same error as heidi. It was working yesterday when you posted that it was fixed Jamon.. but today, nope.

Ooooh, that's interesting. Were you getting that error consistently before yesterday Aaron or was it on and off?

(I've given Joey a list of all the users I know who experience the issue, he'll be working on a fix asap)

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2017, 05:53:49 pm »
Ooooh, that's interesting. Were you getting that error consistently before yesterday Aaron or was it on and off?

(I've given Joey a list of all the users I know who experience the issue, he'll be working on a fix asap)

It's constant. There has been an extensive discussion on this already so I'll save time and not ramble - but basically: natmod account = doesn't work, guest & registered user account = works. Just tested guest access on another browser and everything loads fine. It's just when i'm logged in as Aaron that none of them work.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2017, 06:02:06 pm »
It's constant. There has been an extensive discussion on this already so I'll save time and not ramble - but basically: natmod account = doesn't work, guest & registered user account = works. Just tested guest access on another browser and everything loads fine. It's just when i'm logged in as Aaron that none of them work.

Yep yep, that's consistent with the information we have. Joey has known about the error for quite a while but was convinced the Wordpress upgrade and subsequent fixes to other bits of code would have fixed it. He just has to figure out why it's only affecting specific accounts completely randomly. I already knew you'd had the error for a while but couldn't remember if you were one of those who had it on/off or otherwise :P

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 08:06:26 pm »
+7
To anyone who has had issues accessing notes due to 502/503 errors, your issue should now be fixed! It's fixed the issues for a few moderators in any case - Give us a shout if you are still having problems! ;D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2017, 03:29:43 pm »
+4
Hey friends!

We've just enabled a quick reply feature, which allows you to, well, reply quickly! It should look a little something like this, and appear at the end of each thread:

In fact, I'm using it right now!

Let us know if you have any issues with it. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 03:43:20 pm »
+14
HEY EVERYBODY!

Huge news. Absolutely mammoth. This is going to revolutionise the way that ATAR Notes functions.

Well, maybe not quite - but we're hoping that at least it will result in more people using the respect system. As you may have noticed, the old "+" and "-" buttons are gone - and replaced by these funky and fresh arrows.

See a helpful post? Please hit the up arrow.
See a post that deserves some love? Please hit the up arrow.
See something that probably took a lot of effort? Please hit the up arrow.

This system is really the foundation of ATAR Notes. People are helpful af off their own bat. How are they rewarded? Gratitude.

How do they receive gratitude? The respect system.

So please, please, please use it. :)

P.S. You could test it out on this very point. ;)

deStudent

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2017, 05:56:40 pm »
If you want honest feedback, the arrows look pretty bad - they're pretty pixelated..

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2017, 12:49:42 pm »
+3
P.S. You could test it out on this very point. ;)

But yeah - upvoting serves you! The more people are upvoted, the more they feel appreciated and the more they'll answer your questions ;)

AN is based on unselfish generosity, and everyone who posts well really deserves your appreciation through upvotes. ;D
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2017, 01:03:51 pm »
+3
(Image removed from quote.)

But yeah - upvoting serves you! The more people are upvoted, the more they feel appreciated and the more they'll answer your questions ;)

AN is based on unselfish generosity, and everyone who posts well really deserves your appreciation through upvotes. ;D

This was hurtful.

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2017, 05:56:46 pm »
+1
Hey friends!

We've just enabled a quick reply feature, which allows you to, well, reply quickly! It should look a little something like this, and appear at the end of each thread:

(Image removed from quote.)

In fact, I'm using it right now!

Let us know if you have any issues with it. :)

The quickreply feature is awesome :) Been using it ever since. My only complaint would be the height of the box. If I quote something and want to read the quote I have to scroll up. Is there any possibility you could increase the textbox for quick reply in accordance to how much text is there up to a certain point? Currently it stops at about 6 lines and is annoying to scroll up and down :(

I'm personally a huge fan of Whirlpools reply system. Maybe I'm just used to theirs though.  Have a look and see what you think -- link removed--

Mod Edit [Aaron]: Removed WP link

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 05:58:44 pm by Aaron »
Heavy Things :(

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2017, 10:52:12 pm »
+4
The quickreply feature is awesome :) Been using it ever since. My only complaint would be the height of the box. If I quote something and want to read the quote I have to scroll up. Is there any possibility you could increase the textbox for quick reply in accordance to how much text is there up to a certain point? Currently it stops at about 6 lines and is annoying to scroll up and down :(

You should actually be able to make it bigger if you need to make a bigger reply!! I'm using it now, if you look in the bottom right corner of the box, there are a few grey lines. You can use that corner to click and drag the window up or down, to make it bigger or smaller! ;D