Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:03:04 pm

Author Topic: Ranking  (Read 738 times)  Share 

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Ranking
« on: May 24, 2019, 12:45:49 pm »
Hey Guys!
Just got my rankings back for semester 1 year 12 and...... I got a last person ranking out of my class for music.
Would that in any way affect my atar ranking drastically? ps. what should I do? To ABSOLUTELY improve my ear training?
-KgkG-

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Ranking
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 01:11:25 pm »
Yo! It'll affect your ATAR in as much as ranking contributes to your overall scores, but:

(a) results from one subject in isolation shouldn't make a drastic difference (depending on your interpretation, I guess - play around with the ATAR Calc if you're interested); and
(b) as difficult as it might be, thinking about it too much probably won't help.

If you're keen to know more about how much rankings and stuff affect you, Jamon did a really great live-stream the other week, which you can watch here. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

stella_atarnotes

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +13
Re: Ranking
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 12:10:46 pm »
+1
Yo! It'll affect your ATAR in as much as ranking contributes to your overall scores, but:

(a) results from one subject in isolation shouldn't make a drastic difference (depending on your interpretation, I guess - play around with the ATAR Calc if you're interested); and
(b) as difficult as it might be, thinking about it too much probably won't help.

If you're keen to know more about how much rankings and stuff affect you, Jamon did a really great live-stream the other week, which you can watch here. :)

Just a side note, highly recommend the atar calculator in HSC Ninja because you can choose the school you go to and it will factor in your school's performance over the past few years. Then you can make a judgement for yourself (e.g. if your music cohort is stronger this year than last year your atar might be boosted by 0.10 or 0.15). This is actually how schools predict atars so they are pretty accurate.