Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:00:44 pm

Author Topic: COLLINE VS VCAA | Who will come out victorious?  (Read 30095 times)

SmartWorker

• Forum Obsessive
  • Wake determined. Sleep Satisfied.
  • Respect: +79
Re: COLLINE VS VCAA | Who will come out victorious?
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2019, 01:55:49 pm »
+3
-- Colline vs VCAA: The Final Chapter --

19 / 12 / 2019  -  Thursday

Hey friends! With the release of December round VTAC offers yesterday, I am at last released from VCAA's tyrannical reign of terror - my journey through VCE has officially come to an end.

Even though I knew what offer was coming, the wait for my email from VTAC was still somewhat nerve wracking. From as early as 8am, my friends started reporting their offers from ACU, Deakin, La Trobe, etc. My Facebook feed was all of a sudden crowded with updates, all my group chats were going insane, yet no email came for me... until 1:57pm.

I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been offered a Commonwealth Supported Place to Bachelor of Science at the University of Melbourne, with guarantee CSP entrance into the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, accelerated pathway!

(Image removed from quote.)

The journey to this email has been an absolute killer! But I'm also incredibly thankful that it was bumpier than originally planned. From the first week of year 9 to 1:57 yesterday afternoon... It has sure been a long trek!

On AN, I had recorded my journey from the moment I set my eyes on becoming a veterinarian, to the day I received my offer. But the truth is, the journey has been much, much more. From my very first unscored VET in year 9 - when I barely knew what an ATAR was let alone what I wanted to do in the future - to telling my school's career advisor I wanted to become a music therapist in year 10 - to reluctantly swapping out of drama into methods because my head-of-house "forced" me to keep my options open - to checking out animal health courses out of boredom one day and slowly realising music therapy was not for me - until I finally left psychology for chemistry at the end of year 11, which was the moment I knew my goal for uni - not music therapy, but veterinary medicine.

I am seriously looking forward to university!!! Don't know whether I'll do a uni journal on AN, as a BSc isn't exactly the most ~unique~ degree. But I'll see.

This year has been a hell of a year. Was it stressful? Yes. But the stress has been one of the best parts of this year. Controversial opinion, but I don't think stress is a bad thing - it was this stress that pushed me to do my very best, and without it, I couldn't have gotten the results I did. If there is one piece of advice I can give to the next cohort, it's this: You will get stressed in year 12, but don't try to take things easy, hold yourself accountable and be harsh with yourself if you need. Push yourself to go beyond your limits, and you'll be amazed at the results.

With that, it is time to wrap up this thread. Congratulations to my fellow 2019 graduates, and absolute best of luck to the VCE Class of 2020!

CONGRATULATIONS Colline best of luck for uni
Advice to smash Biology ¾:

2021 VCE - 99.35

Tutoring Bio, Chem, English, Methods 1/2 & 3/4 for 2022. DM if interested

Want some advice for VCE? 👇

https://youtu.be/zq0xsaE9GJ4

rkjthguakj

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2019, 02:11:08 pm »
+4
Congrats on your offer!! That's so amazing for you!!
2019: Business Management
2020: English | Methods | Economics | Legal Studies | Global Politics
2021: Bachelor of Commerce @ UniMelb
2022- 2024: Bachelor of Arts @ UniMelb | Diploma in Languages (Chinese)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2019, 02:15:19 pm »
+5
Congratulations!!

It's great to hear that you're keen and  - even though there can't have been much doubt you'd be offered a place - it's nice to see your goals becoming more and more your reality :D

Don't know whether I'll do a uni journal on AN, as a BSc isn't exactly the most ~unique~ degree. But I'll see.

No pressure, but imo this isn't a reason to not do a journal - it being very "normal" means there's a lot of people who would be interested in hearing a current students experiences. On the other hand, there are so many possible different unit combinations and ways to engage in uni life that everyone's experiences are unique - even in courses as large as Bachelor of Science at UniMelb.

Best of luck for your science studies! :D

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2019, 06:02:09 pm »
+2
Congrats Colline!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2019, 09:04:35 pm »
+2
Congratulations! How exciting! You've had so many people follow this VCE journal, so I'm sure you'd have an audience for a uni journal (if you chose to do one). Best of luck with everything next year! I hope you really enjoy your study, it sounds like you have found your passion!

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2019, 12:48:09 am »
+2
Congratulations Colline! Enjoy wherever your journey takes you, and hope to see you doing great things!
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University