Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:47:51 pm

Author Topic: Human Rights Memorising  (Read 770 times)  Share 

benles

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Human Rights Memorising
« on: May 15, 2019, 07:01:19 pm »
Hi all,

How are you supposed to memories all of those annoying types of human rights? Like the legislation, definition and stuff. It could be worth nothing in the HSC but you still need to memories so many things!

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: Human Rights Memorising
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 09:12:04 pm »
+1
Hi, welcome to the forums!

Memorising human rights legislation is no small feat... that’s where acronyms come in handy! Acronym everything and you’ll remember them, like the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights? You get ICCPR! And because it sounds funny when you try and sound it out, you’re more likely to remember it. I’m 2 years out from the HSC and I can still remember it even totally niche legislation from my options lol

Best of luck memorising!! Don’t let it get you down because legal is such a great subject :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 12:48:04 am »
+2
Hey! Remember to be efficient is my advice - Remember cases with multiple applications, laws which work in multiple essay arguments, that sort of thing. It is a LOT to memorise, for sure, so anything you can do to make what you memorise worth more will reduce the chance you don't use it ;)

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 12:22:42 pm »
+2
Hey!

The answers above are totally helpful, but I just thought I'd add that even though it feels like you won't use it - knowing legislation and adding it into short answer responses enriches your answer and puts you in that band 6 box.

You could also try putting them in tables, make flash cards or using mind maps! It's all about what works for you though!

Hope this helps!
meerae :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}