Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:01:57 am

Author Topic: Macbeth English Exam  (Read 3143 times)

juicebox_441

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Macbeth English Exam
« on: October 16, 2021, 09:40:33 pm »
Does anyone have any sufficient and effective resources for Macbeth beside sparks notes or YouTube?
Also, what about any techniques or skills to tackling the external English exam? I fell like I am very very VERY unprepared for the exam and will literally fail if I was to do it now. I still cannot grasp how to create contentions, opening sentences and sequence graphs, let alone memorise quotes and their exact lines!! I had to self teach myself because an incident happened in class, and had no teacher to guide me at all. How can I score really well on the exam??

If anyone could please help, I would very much appreciate it!
Thank you

Commercekid2050

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
Re: Macbeth English Exam
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 11:03:09 pm »

Hi,

I did Macbeth last year, though I have no resources I can try to help you in some parts. For starting it is essential for you to understand the language used by Shakespeare. It is essential to analyse Shakespeare Language. The  other think I guess you need to understand is the theme and the character.  You need to be able to talk about change in character of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth. You need to understand the importance of once ambition, quote such as "stars hide your fire not let light see by dark desire" I think his ambition is essential to talk about. Other could be supernatural in the play such as witches or talking about how he sees his friend ghost. Talking about how I guess he becomes addicted to power or becomes insecure abut his power due to which he starts suspecting everyone.

I hope this helps.

2021 VCE- English, Math Method, Further Math,Accounting and Economics

2022-2026 Bachelors in Business (Taxation) and Accounting in Monash

juicebox_441

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 01:05:43 pm »
Hi,

I did Macbeth last year, though I have no resources I can try to help you in some parts. For starting it is essential for you to understand the language used by Shakespeare. It is essential to analyse Shakespeare Language. The  other think I guess you need to understand is the theme and the character.  You need to be able to talk about change in character of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth. You need to understand the importance of once ambition, quote such as "stars hide your fire not let light see by dark desire" I think his ambition is essential to talk about. Other could be supernatural in the play such as witches or talking about how he sees his friend ghost. Talking about how I guess he becomes addicted to power or becomes insecure abut his power due to which he starts suspecting everyone.

I hope this helps.

Oooh thanks so much! Yep this def helped :)

If anyone else would like to add, or has any essays they can link to me, that would help me lots!! xx

a weaponized ikea chair

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 07:09:45 pm »
I have a document I put together from various sources on Macbeth, pm me if interested.

If you want, I also I have three essays I wrote about Macbeth which cover each of the key themes (can't remember exactly, been a while, but one of them was fate, ambition, and another one).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 07:16:25 pm by a weaponized ikea chair »