Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:58:04 pm

Author Topic: lowest effort subject?  (Read 1673 times)  Share 

hellopeopleidonotexist

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
lowest effort subject?
« on: August 23, 2021, 09:13:20 pm »
Hello everyone,

I am looking for the easiest subject where I can basically just put in basically no effort and get a 30something. Subject selections for next year (12) are due very soon, and I have one last subject to decide on. It is most likely going to be in my bottom two, so I don't want to spend much time outside of class on it.

Currently I am thinking about something like further maths or theatre studies. (I know third maths has to be in bottom two)

If it matters, I am also planning on doing English, spesh and physics (did methods and Chinese this year)

What do you think the lowest effort / easiest subjects are?

ConFinCMC

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +22
Re: lowest effort subject?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 09:28:23 pm »
+2
Hey there.
Well personally, I believe that there's no such thing as "the easiest subject" or "the lowest effort". It all comes down to any subjects that you genuinely enjoy outside of the classwork. I found that students who do subjects they truly enjoy are more motivated to prepare and study, making a 30 easy for them (a 30 wasn't achievable in my case, but those subjects still got higher scores).

Art and Technology subjects commonly get treatment as being "easy" or "basic", when they actually require a lot of theory work and preparation for exams, as do many subjects. You'll begin them, and learn a lot of theory work that you aren't totally prepared for, then you're stuck doing a subject you barely know or understand, lowering your score. It happened to a few of my friends who chose Systems Technology, despite the fact that they weren't too good at it.

You can always ask around at school, with friends and teachers and see what they recommend in terms of subjects that may be suited to you. If you really can't think of anything that grabs your attention, consider perhaps doing another subject in science or maths, as a lot of Physics and Spesh students seem to do more than one.

Good luck in your subject selection, and hopefully everything turns out well.
2020- 53.35

English Lang. <20
History: Revolutions. <20
French: 27
Biology: 28
Drama: 24

"Well, it doesn't define who I am, but it does a bloody good job at crushing my spirit and self-esteem"

2021- Gap Year, working in Bright at the snowfields (guys, this is so much fun)

2022- Fed University, Fast Access Program Diploma

If anyone wants advice on what NOT to do, feel free to send me a message.

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 09:37:42 pm »
+2
While I agree that no subject is 'easy', I think further maths is a great subject especially if you are only aiming for around a 30. Especially with a methods/strong maths background, it is something you could get away with only doing work in class and still doing pretty decent.
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

LaurenRoth18

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 02:14:46 am »
A subject's difficulty is so arbitrary and it mostly depends on what you would find easy which random people on the forum probably can't help on.

That said, for a good bludge subject I highly recommend aus/global politics. Half of the content is practically common sense stuff that no one would struggle with as long as they take a glance at the news occasionally. A lot of marks on the exam comes from defining terms which you can easily cram the night before. Unlike other humanities subjects, it doesn't have as much of a weighting on essay writing which works well for those who are more STEM inclined. Finally, it is also one of the few non-STEM/LOTE subjects that scale up.