Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:34:16 pm

Author Topic: advice for chemistry/methods  (Read 1316 times)  Share 

fodi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
advice for chemistry/methods
« on: June 11, 2021, 06:25:37 pm »
+1
hi guys! I'm feeling pretty unmotivated and discouraged because I failed my methods and chem sac. I was expecting to not do well on methods but wasn't expecting to fail chem because I got an 86% on the first sac. Does anyone have any advice on how to not stress about it too much? and will this mean that I won't be able to get in the high 30's (raw)?
And in general, if anyone has any advice for methods or chemistry please help me!

Thank you in advance.  :)

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
  • Respect: +26
Re: advice for chemistry/methods
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 11:47:23 am »
+2
hi guys! I'm feeling pretty unmotivated and discouraged because I failed my methods and chem sac. I was expecting to not do well on methods but wasn't expecting to fail chem because I got an 86% on the first sac. Does anyone have any advice on how to not stress about it too much? and will this mean that I won't be able to get in the high 30's (raw)?
And in general, if anyone has any advice for methods or chemistry please help me!

Hi Fodi!

First little clarification question: is this Units 1/2 or 3/4, because if it is Unit 1/2 then it won't affect your study score at all

However if this is for 3/4, not sure I can help with the chemistry as I'm only doing 1/2 but I do 3/4 methods. The most important thing that I believe will help you is to not dwell too much on the bad score. It's a lot harder than it sounds I know. But the best thing you can do is push forward with the new AOS, make sure you do make note of what went wrong on your SACs and what areas you need to improve on. For methods I can say the best thing to understand the content is, as my teacher always says, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! Methods unfortunately isn't something you can breeze through because a lot of the assessment is being able to apply your foundation knowledge in application questions that you will never have seen before.

Keep your head up, you've got this  ;D
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics

HUA0007

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: -2
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 12:21:30 pm »

I can only say for Methods
Kids that score high already know the course
They don't follow along with the class

jmas123456

• Adventurer
  • .✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*..✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*..✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 05:50:00 pm »

hi fodi  ;D

i havent completed year 12, but if you did fail a sac, that doesnt mean that a 30 score is impossible at all! from my knowledge, you can still obtain a 30, since it is based on a multitude of things e.g. scaling, ranking, exam + SACs etc. its one sac from each subject! there is no way itd completely ruin your chances of a 30 study score if you dont let it get you down. im sure others in your class struggled too. chem and methods are difficult subjects!

im sure the next sacs will go better, since youre already considering working towards a better mark next time!

if you ever wanna read any advice on how to battle insecurity around intelligence then i got some really good advice from some great people and you can read it here: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=195061.0
i can relate to the feeling of chaos when u feel ur marks arent amounting to ur expectations, but i believe in ur efforts!
our marks do NOT define us at all, but even so, you can raise them! i believe in you!

also, others in the forum can give u some tips on chem/methods study, but some really good resources i like can be accessed here, for pretty much any subject/topic! it really helped me in my study, so it might aid u too!
article database!: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=177183.0
i was first referred to these articles by @lm21074, and it really helped me!  :)

im cheering for you!
-j

« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 05:51:49 pm by jmas123456 »
✫彡