Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:31:17 pm

Author Topic: What degrees does Monash's subject adjustment apply to?  (Read 2363 times)  Share 

Rqff

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What degrees does Monash's subject adjustment apply to?
« on: February 02, 2021, 12:25:47 pm »
https://www.monash.edu/science/subject-adjustment
On the subject adjustment page linked above it says that it applies to bachelors of science, would it apply to an Engineering (Honours)/Science Double Degree? as thats the one I'm aiming for.
My subjects are:
English
Methods
Algorithmics
Physics
Chemistry
Software Development (2020)

Which would give me a bonus of 8 aggregate points which could bring a 90.55 to a 93.60 (the current lowest selection rank) however I am aiming for a much higher ATAR of 96-97 as I believe that's the upper part of my achievable range but I am just curious as it would give me a lot more leeway if I find that I am struggling in my subjects more than I previously thought.

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +66
Re: What degrees does Monash's subject adjustment apply to?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 02:07:37 pm »
+4
I don't think so unfortunately because the subject bonus in principle only counts for a Bachelor of Science which is coded as S2000 at Monash.

The degree you want to do is E3007 (Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Science). That is a degree managed by the engineering faculty. At Monash it is really key to determine your managing faculty, as they basically control your degree. Meet their requirements and you're in. Here, because the engineering degree is listed first, then the Engineering Department is your managing faculty.

But the subject bonus only seems to apply to science degrees and possibly science double degrees such as a Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts, which is coded as S2006.

Here, engineering degrees get priority over science degrees as they are more competitive and valued. So you would need to fulfil engineering requirements, which do not include subject bonuses.

So perhaps have a Bachelor of Science (S2000) as your second VTAC preference in case you cannot get into a Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Science (E3007). Then you can transfer in the future if needed.