Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 05:28:30 pm

Author Topic: Let's work out the HHD Sample Exam together  (Read 8307 times)  Share 

patriciarose

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +63
Re: Let's work out the HHD Sample Exam together
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 12:58:27 pm »
+4
Question 3 [4 marks]
Briefly outline two indicators that are used to measure the health status of populations.

because i feel as though we should get further than question three:

one indicator used to measure the health status of populations is burden of disease, which is a measure of the impact of injuries and disease. specifically, it measures the gap between current health status and an ideal situation wherein everyone lives to an old age free of disability and disease. it is measured in a unit called the disability adjusted life year (were not allowed to just abbreviate it to daly straight away, right? have to use the term in full first?). a second indicator that measures the health status of populations is life expectancy, which is an indication of how long a person can expect to live. it is the number of years of life remaining to a person at a particular age if death rates do not change.

is that enough for four marks or do i need examples? (:
SUBJECTS |  English [47], Literature [46], Extension History @LTU [4.5]

ATAR (2017) | 95.95

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 01:03:34 pm »
+4

because i feel as though we should get further than question three:

one indicator used to measure the health status of populations is burden of disease, which is a measure of the impact of injuries and disease. specifically, it measures the gap between current health status and an ideal situation wherein everyone lives to an old age free of disability and disease. it is measured in a unit called the disability adjusted life year (were not allowed to just abbreviate it to daly straight away, right? have to use the term in full first?). a second indicator that measures the health status of populations is life expectancy, which is an indication of how long a person can expect to live. it is the number of years of life remaining to a person at a particular age if death rates do not change.

is that enough for four marks or do i need examples? (:

That's definitely four marks!

Comment: you don't have to restate the question in your answer, i.e. you don't have to say "one indicator used to measure health status of populations is..."

Instead, you can just state the answer like so:

1.  Burden of disease: blah blah definition blah blah.

2.  Disability adjusted life years: blah blah.

It makes it easier for the examiners to get to the meat of your answer, the actual mark-gaining content, because putting the question in your answer gains no marks. :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Ayane_Abdillahi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: minaret college
  • School Grad Year: 2018
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 08:52:14 pm »
Hey could you explain sustainable human development

gisele

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 01:35:25 pm »
+5
Hey could you explain sustainable human development

Hey! To put it simply, sustainable human development (SHD) is just global health + human development + sustainability. If you were given a question on the effect of something (e.g. a health promo program) on SHD, you would have to discuss:
- health (PSM) / health status (indicators i.e. life expectancy, burden of disease...)
- human development (the key components of the human development definition e.g. develop to their full potential...)
- sustainability (dimensions: social, economic, environmental)

:)