Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 08:21:44 pm

Author Topic: Should i do trial papers or past HSC papers?  (Read 861 times)  Share 

Lilabear123

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Should i do trial papers or past HSC papers?
« on: October 22, 2018, 09:16:30 pm »
Hi!

So, since the general syllabus changed a few years ago, i've done all the past papers from the new syllabus. Should i keep doing HSC papers from before the syllabus changed or just do trial papers from other school?

Also, what percentage do you reckon i should be aiming for? General maths isn't looking too good right now, i'm hoping for a high band 5

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: Should i do trial papers or past HSC papers?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 09:22:31 pm »
+1
Hi!

So, since the general syllabus changed a few years ago, i've done all the past papers from the new syllabus. Should i keep doing HSC papers from before the syllabus changed or just do trial papers from other school?

Also, what percentage do you reckon i should be aiming for? General maths isn't looking too good right now, i'm hoping for a high band 5

Hey!
I recommend you try getting your hands on the biggest variety you can (in the current syllabus). This way, you are exposing yourself to the maximum amount of question types.
I reckon for a high band 5, you should be aiming for something like an 87  :)
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU