Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:37:46 am

Author Topic: Is exam one only on outcome 1?  (Read 460 times)  Share 

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
Is exam one only on outcome 1?
« on: May 25, 2020, 10:31:06 pm »
So I was having a look at the 3/4 adjusted study design, and I came across this sentence:

Examination 1
Description
This examination comprises short-answer and some extended-answer questions covering all areas of study in
relation to Outcome 1. It is designed to assess students’ knowledge of mathematical concepts, their skills in
carrying out mathematical algorithms without the use of technology and their ability to apply concepts and skills.
Does this mean that outcomes 2 and 3 aren't examined one the first exam?
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
Re: Is exam one only on outcome 1?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 10:40:22 pm »
+1
Yes, this is true. While all of the years content will be assessed, it will most likely be routine problems or easier longer problems that don't require a CAS

Outcome 1: The student should be able to define and explain key concepts as specified in the
content from the areas of study, and apply a range of related mathematical routines and procedures.

Outcome 2 is applying maths learnt to non-routine problems and Outcome 3 is using technology in situations involving non-routine problem solving (CAS stuff).

Hope this helps! :)
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university