Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 11:27:40 am

Author Topic: Bee(a) buzzing through the hsc  (Read 28904 times)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: Bee(a) buzzing through the hsc
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2017, 10:16:57 pm »
+7
september 7, 2017
"i hope you live a bloody good life"

- had my year 12 reflection day today
- the host was hilarious and so optimistic. he just kept telling us to have a wonderful life and live life to the fullest.
- bonded with my friends and other people in my year group. we danced, we sang and we connected. i find that really nice because it made me realise that we're graduating in less than two weeks and that we should push our differences aside and connect with each other, even for a brief moment.
- we had an activity where we had to write down a compliment for each person in our group and thought that was nice.

i felt really refreshed afterwards? like i'm ready to write down three essays, paint another major and do five maths past papers. i have this renewed perception of the world and myself. i feel like i'm just regurgitating the discovery rubric we're on earth for a reason and we must enjoy every moment and not stress about the little things in life. you must look at the bigger picture and work towards that, in order to be happy.

i know this entry is completely different from my previous ones, but i thought it was worth mentioning.
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2017, 10:18:47 pm »
+4
i've been putting so much effort and time into my film portfolio that ive been neglecting my hsc studies. in my previous entry, i said i felt so refreshed and that i was determined to write a lot of essays and do past papers. completely jinxed myself today and did nothing (besides some questions from the 2002 hsc maths paper)

i've also been focusing my time on teacher gifts and the end of year 12 video (that i will start editing during the weekend). i probably won't start studying for the hsc until the day after i graduate (which is in 12 days). do you reckon i'm giving myself enough time to study or should i start next week?

time is running out

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 10:20:33 pm »
+4
i've been putting so much effort and time into my film portfolio that ive been neglecting my hsc studies. in my previous entry, i said i felt so refreshed and that i was determined to write a lot of essays and do past papers. completely jinxed myself today and did nothing (besides some questions from the 2002 hsc maths paper)

i've also been focusing my time on teacher gifts and the end of year 12 video (that i will start editing during the weekend). i probably won't start studying for the hsc until the day after i graduate (which is in 12 days). do you reckon i'm giving myself enough time to study or should i start next week?

time is running out

eh, you've got plenty of time. graduating first, then studying will guarantee you a lot more free time - you can focus on finishing school and your film portfolio instead!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 11:01:53 pm »
+2

time is running out

Yeah I agree, you've got heaps of time! Definitely no stress ;D

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2017, 05:18:30 pm »
+6
eh, you've got plenty of time. graduating first, then studying will guarantee you a lot more free time - you can focus on finishing school and your film portfolio instead!

Yeah I agree, you've got heaps of time! Definitely no stress ;D

Teacher gifts, film portfolio, graduate then study... got it ;)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2017, 06:48:21 pm »
+4
wow I didn't expect to be stressed about teacher gifts until now. let me tell you:

- art: not sure if everyone can bring in their money on time. we have two teachers, so double the money we have to contribute each. everyone's broke too. i also have individual gifts for my teachers. for the first one, i have a painting and a book of quotes (that she's said since year eight). it's probably gonna come this week. as for my gift for my other teacher, i also have a painting and i'm getting her customised earrings from etsy. but none of the sellers have replied so i'm getting really worried.

- maths: don't even know what's going on with the gift for our maths teacher. apparently we're getting her customised things, a card and a new pencil case? maybe a bottle of red wine? who knows?

- society & culture: we're contributing $10 each and we're getting her a baby hamper because she's pregnant and will probably give birth in october (predicted date is my birthday!!). gonna go shopping sometime this week.

- ancient: we're just getting our teacher a pair of earrings from kookai and a card. kinda feel bad because she's getting barely nothing compared to other teachers. but then again, half the class is broke and don't like her at all. it's very debatable, i must admit. edit: the earrings look like a spartan red headdress. my teacher has mentioned so many times that she would be a spartan woman if she weren't living in the 21st century.

- english: our teacher's gift just doesn't exist at all. for a class of twenty, no one has mentioned getting her a gift. not even the top students. i feel so bad. i've asked people but literally no one wants to get her anything.

- catholic studies: we want to get her a customised shirt and cap but i doubt its gonna come on time. half the class is broke and don't even care about getting her a gift. me and my friends really want to get her the things but we don't have enough time >:(

also my formal is this friday which is pretty exciting!!!! but there's so much money involved. i'm going to be broke at the end of this week. goodbye $$$ from work.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:41:17 pm by beatroot »

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2017, 06:53:50 pm »
+3
whoaa :O these gifts all sound really cool!

what does your outfit look like? :)
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 06:58:30 pm »
+4
100% feel the gift situation - what you've got planned sounds great!! we only have solid gifts for modern (combined with the ancient class, because we have the same teacher) and legal, and the others... who the heck knows. no one's planned anything for english, because the department is that bad. whoops.

formal this week? have fun!!!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2017, 07:10:30 pm »
+6
whoaa :O these gifts all sound really cool!

what does your outfit look like? :)

aw thanks! i love my teachers too much (i'm a bit of a teacher's pet ngl) and they deserve everything in the world but i'm running out of money :'(

as for my formal dress, this is what it looks like

I was trying to look for something similar to Pia Wurtzbach's dress when hosted Miss Universe 2017 because it looked really pretty. As for the shoes, I'm literally wearing the same ones I wore for my Year 10 formal because I'm saving my money for the teacher gifts.

100% feel the gift situation - what you've got planned sounds great!! we only have solid gifts for modern (combined with the ancient class, because we have the same teacher) and legal, and the others... who the heck knows. no one's planned anything for english, because the department is that bad. whoops.

like i said to jess (above) i really loveeee my teachers and want to give them everything. but i'm running out of money, so i'm afraid i have to sacrifice my english teacher's gift. everyone at my school neglects the standard english teachers. everyone hates them and i feel soooo bad.

formal this week? have fun!!!

thanks! i'm super super excited! i'm determined to get a photo with every teacher on the night.

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2017, 07:32:27 pm »
+3
aw thanks! i love my teachers too much (i'm a bit of a teacher's pet ngl) and they deserve everything in the world but i'm running out of money :'(

as for my formal dress, this is what it looks like

(Image removed from quote.)

AHHH SO PRETTYY!!!
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2017, 09:38:43 pm »
+5
AHHH SO PRETTYY!!!

Thanks <3 It's all I've ever wanted in a dress!! Really excited to wear it this Friday ;D

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2017, 09:55:44 pm »
+6
september 11, 2017

"so i'm moving on, letting go. holding onto tomorrow"

today was somewhat unproductive.

- society & culture / teacher wasn't here so we had to study in the library. didn't have my sac textbook so i had to walk around the school trying to find one and ended up going into my teacher's office and grabbed her copy. by the time i made it back to the library, i had 20 minutes left to make notes on buddhism. but i got distracted by my friends oops. won't happen again.

- catholic studies / finished '10 things i hate about you'. this was my first time watching the film. very interesting... might go read taming of the shrew if i have any spare time.

- double study / spent the first half talking to my year 11 friend who was stressing about her prelim eng ext. 1 exam. bless her, she's so precious. as for the second half, i was so annoyed because i couldn't answer the essay question for the independent trial paper 1. it was so hard. i would like to formally apologise to everyone who wanted to talk to me during this time, but i would just purse my lips and burst in anger because i couldn't answer the essay question. crazy what english and the hsc can do to you.

- english / teacher wasn't here. spent entire lesson searching for teacher's presents for my art teachers. the budget keeps going down because less people are contributing.

after school / booked my nail appointment. continued editing the end of year 12 video, that's going to be presented at our graduation assembly next week. it's about ~16 minutes long so far. it has a lot of sad songs, so i'm expecting tears. my individual gift for my art teacher has arrived and it looks AMAZING!! one of the etsy sellers has finally responded to my custom order, so hopefully my gift for my other art teacher will come next week.

i tried writing more for my english essay but i can't do it. i know it's good practice but i'm stressing about formal, my film portfolio, teacher gifts and graduation, that i cannot be bothered. i promise i will do a lot of revision during the school holidays. im also trying to write my art essay, which is pretty much sprinkled with a lot of bs.

also submitted my draft for my film portfolio to the adv/ext.1 english teacher at my school. she made me promise if i ever become a famous filmmaker in the future, i have to invite her to all vip events and premiere. to that i said, 'of course i will'

i also applied for uac on sunday ???????? my mum still made me apply for unsw even though i'm already enrolled at a film school. (i picked screen and sound at unsw and some random courses for my other preferences)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:57:29 pm by beatroot »

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2017, 09:34:05 pm »
+4
can't remember what exactly happened yesterday besides we had our last ever lesson with one of our art teachers. i also had three hours of maths tutoring after school and it's safe to say that i survived. went through all my mistakes from the cssa paper and discovered that i just kept making silly mistakes and that i was heading in the right track for some of the questions i got wrong ...

anyways

september 13, 2017

double ancient / i never would have thought i would say this in my life ever, but i'm so sick of kahoot. we literally played kahoot quizzes for 1.5 hours. our teacher even managed to find a 71 question quiz for sparta. i'm surprised that i made it to the end and even ended up getting 2nd place with 66,000+ points! (discovered that eunomia was a thing. thanks lycurgus)

maths / the entire class just kept talking about how we've developed and improved since year 7. its strange looking back on my junior year, because i used to be in the middle class for maths ( from year 7 to 8 ). i've had the same teacher since year 8 (with the exception of year 10) and she's still proud that i'm doing mathematics for the hsc.

art / learnt SO MUCH about mona hatoum. i love my (other) art teacher. she's so passionate and so clever. even though she's reading off the presentation at times, she still manages to capture our attention. wished i had more teachers like that. since today was technically the last day that both of our teachers were at school together, we gave them our gifts. the vice principal even came in at one point (she's also the head of the art department) to see the gift giving. our art teachers LOVED it and they said their thank you's and how proud they are of us for getting through our body of works. i'm gonna miss them so much. i love them. if it weren't for them, i probably won't be doing art for the hsc.

at lunch time, the prefects presented the 'most likely' awards in our common room. as expected, i got the 'quickest speaker' award. when you guys meet me at the nsw forum meetup, you will see that this is very true.

still gotta vote for the day for the forum meetup. once i fix up my study timetable, i'll pitch in my vote ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2017, 09:36:30 pm »
+5
still gotta vote for the day for the forum meetup. once i fix up my study timetable, i'll pitch in my vote ;D

We'll be sure to get burgers with BEATROOT on them for lunch ;)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2017, 09:55:55 pm »
+4
We'll be sure to get burgers with BEATROOT on them for lunch ;)

though if i'm being honest here, even though i'm called beatroot, i don't like beetroots ...

... i know, very controversial right?? truly groundbreaking and what a profound discovery ;)
sorry if i've disappointed anyone ahahaha  ;D  ;)