Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:05:02 am

Author Topic: Damecj marathon to a 90 ATAR  (Read 5694 times)

damecj

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
Damecj marathon to a 90 ATAR
« on: August 23, 2017, 06:00:20 pm »
+12
After Half-Yearly Predicted ATAR 82.10

Post Trial Predicted - 91.60

Not a bad change I guess...

Few things about myself:

Subjects:
Extension History
English Advanced 
Modern
Chinese
French
SOR 1

No maths (best decision of my life)

My pre half yearly day including going to bed at 10 and waking up 6. When I got a 82.10 predicted ATAR I was extremely unhappy considering how I wanted a 90 minimum so I made a pact to myself to work hard.

My post trial day now consists of waking up 4:30 every school day and doing 2:30 hours of study in the Morning and then going to school in the morning at 7:30 and then going to bed at 9. It's a lot of pain but it was all worth it. I also play football and in the Sydney FC academy team! (Takes up a lot of my time)

I was really happy with my trial marks and as of yesterday I have a 91.60 estimated ATAR a 9.50 increase since half yearlies.

I would have never have got there without the wonderful support of the people on the forums. This was seen in my 24/25 in my Extension History project which I would have never got without the help from Susie!!

So this is my thread of the final part of this long marathon! Hope you enjoy

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Damecj marathon to a 90 ATAR
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 06:26:56 pm »
+4
My post trial day now consists of waking up 4:30 every school day and doing 2:30 hours of study in the Morning and then going to school in the morning at 7:30 and then going to bed at 9. It's a lot of pain but it was all worth it. I also play football and in the Sydney FC academy team! (Takes up a lot of my time)
Duuuuude this is so intense! But massive respect to you for your dedication. So happy to see another football player around the forums - can commiserate on how much time it occupies though!

Really glad that you were happy with your trials marks! And I really hope that you achieve your ATAR goal :) Keep on soldiering on and no doubt your predicted ATAR will keep on going up!

Good luck for the rest of the year! Do you have any ideas of what you want to do next year? :)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:00:17 pm »
+5
No maths (best decision of my life)
yeah boi (especially when you replace maths with 3 units worth of history ;))

My ancient teacher said that this was what he did when he studied the HSC! Sounds like a good idea, and defs appears to be working - you must be super dilligent aha actually being able to get up at that time. Please make sure that you don't burn yourself out though!!

I was really happy with my trial marks and as of yesterday I have a 91.60 estimated ATAR a 9.50 increase since half yearlies.
That's so good!!!! Congratulations :) So glad you're happy, though you should be cos these are FANTASTIC results!

I would have never have got there without the wonderful support of the people on the forums. This was seen in my 24/25 in my Extension History project which I would have never got without the help from Susie!!
naww so sweet :) Though at the end of the day remember that is YOUR mark. I may have been able to guide you in the write direction, but at the end of the day you were the one that put in all the hard work and effort to improve, and literally smash it out of the park :) Congratulations again on a fantastic result.

So this is my thread of the final part of this long marathon! Hope you enjoy
Can't wait to hear how it goes!! :)
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

damecj

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:07:15 pm »
+4
Duuuuude this is so intense! But massive respect to you for your dedication. So happy to see another football player around the forums - can commiserate on how much time it occupies though!

Really glad that you were happy with your trials marks! And I really hope that you achieve your ATAR goal :) Keep on soldiering on and no doubt your predicted ATAR will keep on going up!

Good luck for the rest of the year! Do you have any ideas of what you want to do next year? :)

Thanks heaps for the kind words and advice. I'm going on a gap year next year where I will go to England and work in a school which should be great. But after that looking to get into Law or International relations/business course

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 07:18:26 pm »
+3
woaaaahhhhh your work ethic is amazing. hats off to you - looks like your work really is paying off!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 07:26:03 pm »
+2
🙌🙌🙌
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

damecj

• Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 04:24:45 pm »
+10
Just got an email from Bond university saying I've been accepted early entry!!! Not sure if I'll take it but always good to have a back up

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 04:34:52 pm »
+1
Just got an email from Bond university saying I've been accepted early entry!!! Not sure if I'll take it but always good to have a back up

Congrats!!!

Is there a particular uni that you are aiming for?
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

damecj

• Trailblazer
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 04:42:18 pm »
+3
Congrats!!!

Is there a particular uni that you are aiming for?

ANU is the goal!!!

pikachu975

• Forum Obsessive
  • Stars and Bars
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 04:43:37 pm »
+2
Woah man nice dedication I wish I could do that too haha

Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.
Send me a message if interested!

2016 HSC (Accelerated):
// 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //

2017 HSC:
// English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //

Goal: 99.9

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 05:12:47 pm »
+4
ANU is the goal!!!
omg yes please come to ANU!!

any particular course you're thinking of? :D
VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 05:18:52 pm »
+6
These are exactly the type of updates I want from Journey Journals!!
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

damecj

• Trailblazer
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 05:24:17 pm »
+3
omg yes please come to ANU!!

any particular course you're thinking of? :D

Hopefully Law but if that doesn't happen probably International Business or Relations!! I'm guessing you go there?!?! If so, what course you doing?

damecj

• Trailblazer
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 05:30:17 pm »
+2
These are exactly the type of updates I want from Journey Journals!!

Thanks so much Brenden!! Hope I can keep doing you proud

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 07:41:28 pm »
+1
Hopefully Law but if that doesn't happen probably International Business or Relations!! I'm guessing you go there?!?! If so, what course you doing?
definitely apply for the flexible double degree!
yep I'm at ANU, doing international relations in a double degree :)
VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams