Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:24:33 am

Author Topic: Jess who's here!!!  (Read 9807 times)

MisterNeo

• MOTM: MAY 2017
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +454
Re: Jess who's here!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 12:02:45 am »
+9
Foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 04:07:18 pm »
+6
oops, completely neglected this

6/12/17

Went back to school for the first time in ages, felt so weird ^^ Attended Speech Night and received "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood :3

7-11/12/17
Tasmania!

Pretty much food and sightseeing :B Ate loads and loads of seafood, hiked on Mount Wellington, visited MONA, the Salamanca Markets, and Bruny Island :)

Fun fact: My brother's glasses were blown off by the wind (weirdly enough, it occurred on the boat ride towards MONA and not around Bruny Island :P)

Various pictures!

Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 04:08:47 pm »
+2
Great photos! Tasmania is so lovely.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 05:27:19 pm »
+1

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 05:28:25 pm »
+1

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 05:28:38 pm »
+1
"an madman".
"absolute" renders the "an" necessary ;)

beaten by jess by 13 seconds  :'(

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 05:32:53 pm »
+1
Please. I don't see absolute values. I see bars like normal people.

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2017, 11:47:01 am »
+8
This will probably be my last post here :o

I think I've gotten over the disappointment of my marks and ATAR. I've included what I wrote about it below:

I've been repeatedly opening and closing this thread, debating whether or not to post this...

I received my HSC marks yesterday. Turned on my phone and the first thing that greeted me was an email at 6:15 =.= Opened it, saw my marks, and just stared it them for a while. For each subject, I kept running through different scenarios in my head, wondering where I could have gotten more marks, how I ended up with the ones staring back at me. At the same time, I expected the marks that I received, so I was both disappointed and slightly detached from them.

This morning, I couldn't sleep at all. I tossed and turned in my bed, trying to calm myself down but I couldn't. (I'm normally a deep sleeper once I'm asleep so this is unusual). I logged on to the UAC app at 8:30 and saw my ATAR. It did get me over the requirement for my desired course, which is the whole purpose of the ATAR and what people tell me matters the most, but there is always the thought at the back of my head, what if? What if I started putting more effort instead of procrastinating all the time?

Was feeling pretty down about it for 1-2 days after, but I got a job (at Boost) so that helped :D I've also gotten into the course I wanted, which was another bonus! (see sig for deets)

I'm still deciding whether I should make a uni journey journal, as I'm pretty bad at keeping one 😂

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 12:10:12 pm »
+3
I'm still deciding whether I should make a uni journey journal, as I'm pretty bad at keeping one 😂
So is everyone 所有人都是
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 12:12:30 pm by RuiAce »

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2017, 05:25:30 pm »
+7
This will probably be my last post here :o

I think I've gotten over the disappointment of my marks and ATAR. I've included what I wrote about it below:

Was feeling pretty down about it for 1-2 days after, but I got a job (at Boost) so that helped :D I've also gotten into the course I wanted, which was another bonus! (see sig for deets)

Hey Jess

Reaching out only to say I had something quite similar. I was devastated when the results and ATARs came out. When I got my marks, I was thinking "Yeah cool this is pretty good" but the reality is, I knew it wasn't what I wanted? But that denial meant that getting my ATAR the next day was an even ruder shock. And it was not even a half bad ATAR, in fact, it was an excellent ATAR. But I had worked too hard and I thought I'd played the game well enough that I'd be able to get figures back that reflected what I thought I deserved. But the same as you - I got a new job shortly after and I got into my first preference. So, nothing in the end was bad. But I had honestly never wanted to bury myself into a hole more than I did the day the ATARs came out. How had a system I worked so hard for, tricked me? Or at least that's what it felt like. For days I was feeling quite heavy and in the dumps about it.

In the end, though, I got almost everything I wanted. Even though I tortured myself for a bit wondering where I could've improved, now I can rest assured that I gave it my all. I'm sure you can find peace in this soon too :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!