Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 06:00:04 am

Author Topic: Katie-A Rhino's charge through the HSC!  (Read 22930 times)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Katie-A Rhino's charge through the HSC!
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2017, 09:38:59 pm »
+4
15/10/17
Not too long now! Tomorrow I have two different exams (English Paper 1 and Music)!
This weekend I mainly worked on getting together and working on all my quotes, working on some of my essays and making essay plans. I’m going to try and memorise my discovery essay and mould it to the question tomorrow (listening to a recording of it now :) )

Good luck to everybody for tomorrow! Sending you all internet hugs :D. Try to stay calm during the exam and don’t stress too much! I know all of your hard work will pay off!  ;D

GOOD LUCK Katie!!!!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2017, 11:01:57 pm »
+7
17/10/17
3 down, 5 to go!
So incredibly glad that English is finally over, the feeling is amazing! :D
I never need to study or read any of these texts again or write any English essays.

My thoughts on the exams:
Paper One: Overall, I think I went ok for the short answers and the essay but I’m not too sure. My creative was terrible though-I made it up on the spot so it wasn’t heaps well written. After our exam, our English teachers gave us ice-cream cones (and after paper 2 we got muffins/lamingtons and pastries)!! :D

Music: I think I went ok for this. I found the first two pieces good but the last two were fairly hard. My class has done heaps of practise so hopefully we all go really well! :)

Paper Two: My Hamlet essay was terrible-I wrote an entire paragraph that probably doesn’t even relate to the question :(. However mod A was good and I could write heaps and mod C was also ok.

I don’t have any more exams for the week (except there’s four next week)! Good luck to everyone with exams this week! Hope you all go really well!  ;D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2017, 10:10:19 pm »
+6
25/10/17
5 done, only 3 to go!!

Thoughts on my exams so far this week:
Maths: I found the exam ok, but some of the multiple choice and short answers at the end were a bit hard. Was hoping for a band 6 but not sure.

Ancient: Still so surprised I got all of the multiple choice right (guessed a few)!!  I think most of the parts were good except for the Julio-Claudian section. I forgot all of my detail and quotes and it was a really short essay. Hoping, that I did well in all of the other sections to balance this out.

Tomorrow I have Extension, on Friday I have hospitality and next Thursday I have legal (which I haven’t studied for too much yet). Extension and Hospitality are both afternoon exams from 1:55-4pm. I’m really hoping they don’t ask for 2 areas of debate in the case study tomorrow because I only know one really well (and the others generally). Might have to read over it tomorrow morning. I hope the exam isn’t too bad tomorrow because I want to go well.

I got the date for my USyd audition yesterday (1st of December) which is kinda scary because it is so close. I’m going to play two of my HSC pieces for it but I’m also expected to know all of the major and minor scales (I find it dreadfully difficult to memorise scales). I also need to work out my accompaniment and practice with them soon. For UNSW, it is an online musicianship test and audition so I’ll have to put that together after HSC as well.

Good luck everybody!!!! Hope everything is going well for you!!   ;D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2017, 04:39:11 pm »
+6
2/11/12
My HSC is over and the feeling is absolutely amazing!!  ;D
All I have to do left is bring in one more library book (lost somewhere in my room) and organise my exit interview.

Thoughts on my final exams:
History Extension: Loved the questions. I had heaps of things to talk about and think that my essays went well. However, I forgot a few interpretations for section 2.

Hospitality: The questions are always so weirdly worded. There was also a 3-mark question on something I don’t remember covering in class (or if we did it was really quickly) which put me off. I think most of the rest was ok though. We also had three people leave halfway through the exam which was really distracting. I studied quite a bit for it and I’m not sure if I went as well as I wanted to.

Legal: Thought the questions today were quite nice. Really happy with crime and my consumer essay. Think my family essay wasn’t as strong but I was kind of expecting it. Made up a few cases and media and muddled up one of my legislations but I think it went ok.

Brought John Green’s new book today so hopefully I’ll read that tonight!
So happy it’s all over! Looking forward to the sleep ins!

Good luck to those still doing HSC exams and to those in VCE just starting yours!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:42:38 pm by katie,rinos »

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2017, 04:42:49 pm »
+2
congrats on finishing, katie!

random comment: how annoying is it when people leave the exam? 9 people left legal today... ugh
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2017, 04:49:32 pm »
+3
2/11/12
My HSC is over and the feeling is absolutely amazing!!  ;D
All I have to do left is bring in one more library book (lost somewhere in my room) and organise my exit interview.

Thoughts on my final exams:
History Extension: Loved the questions. I had heaps of things to talk about and think that my essays went well. However, I forgot a few interpretations for section 2.

Hospitality: The questions are always so weirdly worded. There was also a 3-mark question on something I don’t remember covering in class (or if we did it was really quickly) which put me off. I think most of the rest was ok though. We also had three people leave halfway through the exam which was really distracting. I studied quite a bit for it and I’m not sure if I went as well as I wanted to.

Legal: Thought the questions today were quite nice. Really happy with crime and my consumer essay. Think my family essay wasn’t as strong but I was kind of expecting it. Made up a few cases and media and muddled up one of my legislations but I think it went ok.

Brought John Green’s new book today so hopefully I’ll read that tonight!
So happy it’s all over! Looking forward to the sleep ins!

Good luck to those still doing HSC exams and to those in VCE just starting yours!  ;D

Congrats!!
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2017, 04:51:06 pm »
+2
congrats on finishing, katie!

random comment: how annoying is it when people leave the exam? 9 people left legal today... ugh
Thanks!!  ;D

I haven't had too many people leave! I don't think my school even really allows it! But we had three people leave for hopso and one today! I was only halfway through the Hospitality paper as well so they definitely hadn't finished it. It was so distracting and annoying! :(
We had one person leave today and a few people were really annoyed at him! 9 is so much though!

Congrats!!
Thanks!! Congrats to you too!  ;D

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2017, 05:00:03 pm »
+2
Congrats on finishing !!!!!!!
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2017, 05:04:22 pm »
+2
Congrats on finishing !!!!!!!
Thanks!! It's the best feeling!
Good luck for art tomorrow!!  ;D

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2017, 06:15:37 am »
+3
I haven't had too many people leave! I don't think my school even really allows it! But we had three people leave for hopso and one today! I was only halfway through the Hospitality paper as well so they definitely hadn't finished it. It was so distracting and annoying! :(
We had one person leave today and a few people were really annoyed at him! 9 is so much though!
Thanks!! Congrats to you too!  ;D

Hey that exact same thing happened in my Legal Studies exam, so annoying! It was a class of 19 and since I was at the front I couldn't see anyone. I was writing all the way up to the last minute so I basically didn't take my eyes of the paper for the whole 3 hours. Once we were organising our consent forms and everything, I looked around and realised there were only FIVE people left in the room. Like what the heck? I heard later after the exam that people were leaving 2 hours into the paper, so that's such a disappointment, especially with all the seminars and notes I tried giving to help push up the cohort!

Anyway, that's all in the past so hopefully it all goes well for us both. Congratulations on finishing the HSC! I bet you smashed it :)
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2017, 10:42:00 pm »
+8
22/11/17
I uploaded my performance audition to the dropbox for UNSW today ;D!! The process was one of the most stressful things but I’m so happy it’s all done!

Just got my Con audition next Friday (still have to memorise heaps of scales) and then have to wait until results and atar release.

I’ve got schoolies tomorrow which I’m really excited about! We’re going to Jervis Bay for 6 days. Almost finished packing now!  :D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2017, 11:44:17 am »
+2
Hope you enjoy Jervis Bay, Katie. Looking forward to reports afterward. 8)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

prickles

• Forum Obsessive
  • Goals are just dreams with deadlines
  • Respect: +268
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2017, 01:01:17 pm »
+2
Aww Jervis Bay is beautiful. Enjoy yourself!

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2017, 08:59:37 pm »
+5
Schoolies was so great!!  :D There was 8 of us and we had heaps of fun!

We did a lot of swimming, went to the beach, bushwalking and ate a lot of food (we had heaps of leftovers!). The beach was so beautiful with clear water and white sand and the weather was almost always sunny (the only time it rained it was at night). We went to both Hyams beach and Moona Moona Beach and there was a bay opposite the house.

We went night swimming one night in the houses pool with glowsticks and had a campfire another night with smores (chocolate, biscuits and marshmallows). We also watched movies most nights. We went to bed really late every night and then slept in. We had no fights or arguments (even small) for the entire trip and it was a really nice place!

I got badly sunburnt on Friday at the beach especially on my shoulders and was hurting on the weekend and it’s starting to peel now.

I’ve spoiled a few pictures of the beach:
Spoiler

30/11/17
I have my audition for the conservatorium tomorrow afternoon! I need to play two pieces and some scales. My pieces sound good as they were my HSC pieces. I am playing these with piano accompaniment. I’m a bit nervous about my scales because I’m meant to know all major and minor scales (which is over 35 scales) and some of them aren’t very well memorised yet.

Tomorrow night I’m going to the Shawn Mendes concert with my sister which I’m really excited about!!  ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2017, 10:35:16 pm »
+3
So glad you enjoyed schoolies! Good luck with your audition - I'm sure you'll smash it ;D