General Discussion > Accountability and Motivation

I need to eat more.

(1/16) > >>

Poet:
So, your girl is an idiot and keeps forgetting to eat/drink to the point where she's running in P.E. and collapses. So... about time to start a thread to motivate myself to eat. (Please don't judge me for this. It's a habit I got into a while ago and I can't seem to just remember to do the basics haha)

For breakfast today, I am eating a meat pie and a bit of water from the school bubblers. Will be getting a drink bottle asap. It's just very difficult to remember when there's so much to do!

sarangiya:
This is something I've struggled with for a long time.
Do you have much appetite? Or is a more a matter of not having time or motivation to eat?
If it's the latter, I recommend :
• Bringing small snacks (chocolate, museli bars, fruit etc) in your pockets or in bags with you everywhere so you can snack constantly. Better something than nothing.
• Set an alarm on your phone to remind yourself to eat. And tell a friend so they can make you eat when it goes off, even if you ignore it.
• Make timed eating periods. If you can make ten minutes eat as much as possjbke. Again something is better than nothing.

Gold luck !!

Poet:

--- Quote from: sarangiya on August 22, 2018, 01:23:40 pm ---This is something I've struggled with for a long time.
Do you have much appetite? Or is a more a matter of not having time or motivation to eat?
If it's the latter, I recommend :
• Bringing small snacks (chocolate, museli bars, fruit etc) in your pockets or in bags with you everywhere so you can snack constantly. Better something than nothing.
• Set an alarm on your phone to remind yourself to eat. And tell a friend so they can make you eat when it goes off, even if you ignore it.
• Make timed eating periods. If you can make ten minutes eat as much as possjbke. Again something is better than nothing.

Gold luck !!

--- End quote ---
Thanks, sarangiya! Will take this into account :))

It's a matter of both - I'm not hungry, and I have zero motivation to eat. I find it kind of difficult to eat around people because I get stressed about it for some reason (probably the fear of getting something unknowingly stuck in my braces haha), and I don't enjoy eating when I have something else to do. It's just too hard. But today in sport that went waaay too far -  if you're tired to the point that your legs give out, it's not a good sign. I'll do my best to follow your advice from now on to prevent that, and help with my focus! :)
Turns out my slightly hypocritical food guide is more than slightly hypocritical, geez ;-;

Update: got home and ate a little bit of muesli and an avocado. Drank a whole glass of water. Will try to remember breakfast tomorrow!

Bri MT:
I used to struggle with this a lot, and found that breakfast makes a huge difference.

Also consider prepreparing food so that it's less effort at the time.  For me, food is one of the first things I'll cut out if I don't have time so it's especially important to make that time and have a healthy sleep schedule. 

I don't want to project my experiences onto you too much but yeah: sleep and eat breakfast - that'll make easier for other things to fall in place

jazcstuart:
I find it hard to make healthy snacks or lunches for the same reasons, particularly to take to school, so one thing which worked really well for me and my sister recently was making pizzas. We made quite a few large pizzas and had a couple for dinner that night then froze the rest for school lunches and snacks. It was really good because we set aside some time specifically to make the pizzas (solving the motivation/time problem, plus we were making dinner), and they lasted for over a week. You can put meat and heaps of veggies on them so they are really healthy, and its so easy because you just have to get a slice out of the freezer to take to school (or when you get home considering you get stressed eating around other people :) ). Plus they are super yum!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version