Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:07:59 pm

Author Topic: Get to know you series :) [CURRENTLY: Favourite Kitchen Appliance]  (Read 58509 times)  Share 

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
I would say two things:

A) Your health whether it is physical or mental, is more important than any number you will receive throughout the year, and it really isn't worth destroying what you have built up.

B) Follow you instincts. I made the mistake of believe that I could do well of just doing assigned work (which was already a very high workload). No, what earlier me should have done from the start, was to a little extra work everyday so that it never built up and became overwhelming. It's easier to do something for 10 minutes everyday, then 10 hours a day for two weeks straight.
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
To be hard on myself in the short term to form good habits in the long term
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
PROMPT: If you could give yourself at the start of the year advice based on what you know now, what would it be?
It's okay to have a day of unproductivity every now and again, and don't feel so harsh on yourself over it!
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Einstein_Reborn_97

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Regular
  • There is no substitute for hard work.
  • Respect: +44
STOP PROCRASTINATING!!!
HSC 2020: Advanced English | Advanced Mathematics | Physics | Chemistry | Biology | Studies of Religion 2

My HSC Journey Journal

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
STOP PROCRASTINATING!!!

Any specific strategies or techniques you'd recommend to your previous self?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Einstein_Reborn_97

• Forum Regular
Any specific strategies or techniques you'd recommend to your previous self?

SHUT DOWN YOUTUBE!  :D Or at least, avoid it as much as possible for non school-related content, in order to prevent yourself from finding lots of new great channels. This will only be temporary until the HSC is over.
HSC 2020: Advanced English | Advanced Mathematics | Physics | Chemistry | Biology | Studies of Religion 2

My HSC Journey Journal

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: Get to know you series :) [CURRENTLY: introducing yourself!]
« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2020, 04:57:23 pm »
+5
PROMPT: If you could give yourself at the start of the year advice based on what you know now, what would it be?

1. To enjoy every moment
2. To not stress over things I cannot control.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
- Give Riggy lots of pats because you’ll miss him (but you’ll get to meet lots of other cool dogs later)
- It’s okay if it takes five goes to do something that should be very basic, you’ll get there in the end
- Start your assignments early so that you’re prepared for any unexpected happenings closer to the due date
- Don’t cough in front of paramedics during a pandemic (although it makes for a funny story at least)
- Maybe just skip the paramedics entirely and try and figure out how to ask for help yourself.
- Enjoy the opportunities available to you whilst they’re there, you never know when something is going to take away the possibility of doing it in the future
- A hospital is better at fixing never ending sadness than alcohol is.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Einstein_Reborn_97

• Forum Regular
- Don’t cough in front of paramedics during a pandemic (although it makes for a funny story at least)

I'm intrigued.

My HSC Journey Journal

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
I'm intrigued.
Suicidal and drunk Morgan coughed in an ambulance because I’d been throwing up and was put in the coronavirus section of the acute ward. It was a very unpleasant and scary night but I find it funny now (and tbf I thought it was a bit of an experience at the time too).
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Get to know you series :) [CURRENTLY: introducing yourself!]
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2020, 05:13:15 pm »
+8

This one is tricky but I'd have to say be careful what you wish for! Every time I head to campus, I would say things like "wish I didn't have to do this bloody trek", "I only have one class today so what's the point of even coming here" or "if I only I could just study at home." I would definitely advise my early 2020 self to take all of those words back in a heartbeat because you really don't know what you miss until it's gone so enjoy things while they last!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:26:15 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566

- Actually make plans with people while you can. Video chats are nice but it's not the same as seeing people face to face
- Invest in good devices instead of wasting your money on things such as clothes and makeup. You have so many clothes and makeup already- invest in devices that could help kickstart your career! (looking for a drawing tablet right now to purchase hello)
- Hug your friends a lot more; I really miss hugging my friends
- Stop complaining about your job. It might be shit to work at a pharmacy previously but now- I'm grateful that I have still have my job when some of my friends have been forced to leave Sydney and return to their towns. Being an essential worker at this time helps me balance the pandemic that's happening now and my life prior to the pandemic.
- Go on campus instead of "studying" at home. You're missing out on the unique studying environment on campus and the facilities that you have access to.
- Really focus your energy on the people that really matter
- Appreciate the outdoors a lot more instead of being on your computer 24/7
- Bruh just really appreciate the taste of spaghetti while you can. There was a month gap where I didn't eat pasta because of the panic buyers and that made me sad because spaghetti is one of my favourite meals ahaha.
- Be honest with people and be yourself (so cheesy but it's true)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741

When riding downhill on a motorbike, don't pull the front brake too hard
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Einstein_Reborn_97

• Forum Regular
When riding downhill on a motorbike, don't pull the front brake too hard
Duh...haha jk, how bad was it?

My HSC Journey Journal

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Duh...haha jk, how bad was it?

Haha, actually not too bad! I didn't even feel anything hit my head, as the helmet was fantastic. I dislocated and fractured my right arm, my right side was purple from bruising for a bit, and I was limping for a few weeks, but that's about it. Other than a few minor scars on my arm and knee, you can't even tell I was an idiot!

artistic representation
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 12:28:32 am by Calebark »
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢