Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 06:55:07 pm

Author Topic: Cohort  (Read 989 times)  Share 

ally1784

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Cohort
« on: December 15, 2020, 03:33:32 pm »
Guys, I know that VCE is a ranking but why in particular during Unit 3 & 4, people say that you should encourage your classmates to study etc? How does this affect your score?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Cohort
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 03:41:21 pm »
+5
Guys, I know that VCE is a ranking but why in particular during Unit 3 & 4, people say that you should encourage your classmates to study etc? How does this affect your score?
Theoretically to maximise your score you want to be doing really well in your sacs (ranking high in your cohort) and then on the exam you would want everyone in your cohort to do well. People say this because if you were ranking high in a cohort but you have a bad day on the exam and don't do well but there are people who do really well in the exam from your cohort then your sac scores would still be maintained high (and could possible increase) and you can still get a relatively decent score even if you didn't do as well as you wanted to on the exam.

Have a read of this guide from Orb which explains sac rankings and how they can impact study scores.

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: Cohort
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 10:07:32 pm »
+1
Theoretically to maximise your score you want to be doing really well in your sacs (ranking high in your cohort) and then on the exam you would want everyone in your cohort to do well. People say this because if you were ranking high in a cohort but you have a bad day on the exam and don't do well but there are people who do really well in the exam from your cohort then your sac scores would still be maintained high (and could possible increase) and you can still get a relatively decent score even if you didn't do as well as you wanted to on the exam.

Have a read of this guide from Orb which explains sac rankings and how they can impact study scores.
What if you do well (comparatively) in the exam and the rest of the cohort flops (compared to their SAC marks)?
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.