Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:24 pm

Author Topic: How did everyone go on the exam?  (Read 4585 times)  Share 

xtremeownage

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
Re: How did everyone go on the exam?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 09:19:45 pm »
Im pretty sure it was all about the adversary? AS Jury is not a part of the Adversary ! also a restriction i said for commonwealth = can make laws on religion, then explained. (also about the tribunal question i only gave 1 strength + 1 weakness and related it to effective access for mechanisms - but i wrote the strength/weakness in full detail covering the whole page - there would i be expecting to get ? 3/4 out of 5? my strength = adversary is less expensive, and for weakness = starting to become costly, due to more reliance on legal representative. I did it in detail so would i be able to achieve 3 or 4 out of 5?

ALSO - the question on police powers/ individual rights after arrest i wrote in detail = person right, that they can apply for bail,they get released from custody.. etc and bail does not have to be granted in certain cirumcstance. However for police powers i wrote = they can fingerprint person aged 15+ (10-15 childrens court order) and 15-16 must have parent guardian there.

So how do u think that sound guys?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:22:26 pm by xtremeownage »
2010: Legal: 34.
2011: Geo: 50, Psych: 40, Further: 39, Eng: 38, IT: APPS: 38.
ATAR: 94.15

Hellhole

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 09:32:19 pm »
Im pretty sure it was all about the adversary? AS Jury is not a part of the Adversary ! also a restriction i said for commonwealth = can make laws on religion, then explained. (also about the tribunal question i only gave 1 strength + 1 weakness and related it to effective access for mechanisms - but i wrote the strength/weakness in full detail covering the whole page - there would i be expecting to get ? 3/4 out of 5? my strength = adversary is less expensive, and for weakness = starting to become costly, due to more reliance on legal representative. I did it in detail so would i be able to achieve 3 or 4 out of 5?

ALSO - the question on police powers/ individual rights after arrest i wrote in detail = person right, that they can apply for bail,they get released from custody.. etc and bail does not have to be granted in certain cirumcstance. However for police powers i wrote = they can fingerprint person aged 15+ (10-15 childrens court order) and 15-16 must have parent guardian there.

So how do u think that sound guys?

Yeah, it was all about the adversary. Nothing about the jury for that question.

For your strength/weakness of tribunals - I'd say you'd probably get a 3 because you explained in depth. But the less you write, whilst still getting your point across, the more knowledge you are showing. If you're succinct about the link and the explanation and can do it in as little words as possible whilst still getting the full effect, you'll get more marks than someone who flutters about trying to explain it in a lot of words.

What you wrote about police/individual rights sounds about right. I used the right to silence so as to not incriminate himself, even though the individual has to give their name and address upon request. For the police power, I did the right to DNA sampling with permission or court order. Didn't explain the age barriers thing, hope it still counts. It was still only an identify question, and did not ask to explain. So, meh.

nabbiechan

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 09:45:55 pm »
The only exam I'm actually confident with.
2009 - IT Applications
2010 - Math Methods || ESL || Accounting || Legal Studies || Vet Business Administration

chrisjb

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • ROAR
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 09:47:44 pm »
What you wrote about police/individual rights sounds about right. I used the right to silence so as to not incriminate himself, even though the individual has to give their name and address upon request. For the police power, I did the right to DNA sampling with permission or court order. Didn't explain the age barriers thing, hope it still counts. It was still only an identify question, and did not ask to explain. So, meh.

I used right to silence too... I did the two most obvious ones: Right to silence and the police power to interview a suspect for a reasonable time... i thought everyone would have done those two.

In right to silence I had to stop myself from talking about coersive questioning orders, i realy realy wanted to, but i knew i would get no marks for it.
2011: 96.35
2012: http://www.thegapyear2012.com/
2013: Arts (Global) Monash
2016: Juris Doctor (somewhere)

xtremeownage

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 10:04:28 pm »
hehe, im pretty happy with my performance :) will be happy if i get 50/60 but i think i might do better XD
2010: Legal: 34.
2011: Geo: 50, Psych: 40, Further: 39, Eng: 38, IT: APPS: 38.
ATAR: 94.15

Hellhole

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 10:06:04 pm »

I used right to silence too... I did the two most obvious ones: Right to silence and the police power to interview a suspect for a reasonable time... i thought everyone would have done those two.

In right to silence I had to stop myself from talking about coersive questioning orders, i realy realy wanted to, but i knew i would get no marks for it.

I was going to do the reasonable questioning time as well, but then thought they may not actually question him because they've already arrested him - must have enough evidence for a conviction if they arrest and charge him. Regardless, I'm still sure about what is meant by arrest - taking them into custody and questioning them, or preparing them for being charged?

But I lol'd when I read coercive questioning orders the first time. Still wouldn't consider using it for that question, though.

oscar

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: -2
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 11:27:35 pm »
Magistrate or County Court?

Abdi

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 04:13:25 pm »

could be both? lol

oscar

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 12:35:27 am »

could be both? lol

Mixed results from everyone. Got no idea who is right or who is wrong?

mikee65

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 12:13:39 am »

could be both? lol

Mixed results from everyone. Got no idea who is right or who is wrong?
Im fairly sure Its County, my teacher agrees

ezst

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 04:59:24 pm »
I believe it is both!
2009: VET Automotive 3+4

2010: English, Further, Psych, Health + Legal

2011: Criminal Justice and Admin (RMIT)

Hellhole

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 03:25:27 pm »
The answer is the County Court...

But inside sources say it could be either and they'll mark it as such.

oscar

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 08:13:01 pm »
Checked with my teacher he said that it's Magistrate for sure and I trust him.

Spreadbury

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2010, 01:08:15 am »
County was my answer.
Bachelor of Laws, Deakin

LeeiieS

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 04:03:11 pm »
What would happen if You Werent Able to list any Specific Sections of the constitution but was able to Explain how the Constitution was able to effect the question?
Would you be penalised?