Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:12:53 pm

Author Topic: didnt do well first 2 SACS, is my 40+ study score dream over?  (Read 1329 times)  Share 

zfan52827717

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
hey guys i am currently in unit 3&4 legal studies and just got my mark for my 2nd sac (50% OF UNIT 3) and i got 25/30.... i am so disappointed that i didnt get at least 28.... i got 17/25 in my 1st sac (25% of unit 3)... is my study score 40+ dream over?????

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
Re: didnt do well first 2 SACS, is my 40+ study score dream over?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 03:28:14 pm »
Your dream is only over if you decide it is.  Yes, you can still get 40. :D 

Firstly just commenting that it depends on your rankings in the cohort than your specific scores – read this post for details (and this one).

Anyway, you've only completed about 20% worth of assessments, which is pretty minor; you still have another whopping 80% left to change your scores!  Until the minute you're told to 'put pens down' in the exam*, you still have a chance of doing your best.  Go through your past SACs; search for where and why you went wrong.  Try writing a report detailing all your strong and weak points in past SACs (both preparation and during the SAC); then brainstorm ways to fix up your issues in future.

Stressing about scores is utterly useless.  It's not going to change a thing.  Honestly, if I were to tell you, 'No, you're pretty likely to fail – I predict you'll get 39', would it change anything?  Would you suddenly stop working because you'll miss that randomly selected number, 40?  Or, if you spend hours sitting thinking about getting a 40, will that get you any closer to hitting that mark?  It's not through worrying about it, but through DOING something that you can achieve.  Don't waste your time predicting the future, worrying about the future, or atarcalc-ing the future; spend your time creating the future.  If you don't get on and do, you may find yourself missing that dream.

You cannot change the past; but the future is entirely in your hands.  A few poor SAC marks don't destroy your chances unless you let them.

*even then you have an extra minute of writing time if you play it right ;)

P.S. You call those scores bad ?????
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care