Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 02:59:35 pm

Author Topic: How to work ahead on summer holidays???  (Read 951 times)  Share 

yesyes123

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
How to work ahead on summer holidays???
« on: September 23, 2011, 08:03:44 pm »
Legals more of a remembering information type of subject? How can i go about that on the holidays because if i try remembering information very early most of it will be forgotten?

What you guys think?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:25:28 pm by yesyes123 »

Zafaraaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: How to work ahead on summer holidays???
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 08:47:33 pm »
Just get a read of all the information to get an idea of what to expect :) If you want to be super dedicated for legal, then memorise as much as you can; don't worry, you won't forget it that easily..just meaningfully memorise it and more importantly understand it (use weird examples if needed :P) - so when you go through it at school and then again when you study for sacs, it'll become an extremely strong memory trace and you won't need to put in as much effort to memorise/understand it again :)
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" -Plato

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 08:54:29 pm »
+1
I don't think you need to. Yes, Legal Studies is a subject where you have to memorise a lot of information. But, I would strongly caution against just memorising slabs of information from the textbook. To be brutally honest, it won't get you anywhere. That's why VCAA have changed the study design from this year and onwards, so that students don’t just regurgitate slabs of information to a question when it’s not required. It’s more-so applying the information you’ve learnt to the question. It’s not as easy as some people make the subject to be. If you’re willing to work hard and put in the consistent effort, then there is no reason why you shouldn’t do well. In my opinion, if anything, just do some light reading from your textbook in the holidays - to get a feel for the subject.

Wazzup

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +11
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 09:22:50 am »
Exactly right epl.