Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:36:41 am

Author Topic: My University Journey Journal- Memoirs of a Young and Clueless Girl  (Read 2331 times)

StudyBuddyKJ

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +16
First post ahaha, let's get hyped! Although I feel that I am the only one who is getting hyped lol, I might be the only one reading my journal!

It has been so long since I have been back on ATAR notes. I had made a HSC journey journal before, but I would urge you not to go and read it as I was writing from a very difficult, stressful, and sad part of my life that I would prefer not to revisit, ever. The journal I am planning on writing in this one is going to be a lot more happier and optimistic side of me...for the most part anyway.

I had finished my HSC in 2018 and now I am studying a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Arts at Macquarie University. It has been almost a semester of uni and so far I am loving it. Although the work load does get hectic sometimes, I actually enjoy doing my work and learning as much as possible.

I guess the reason why I wanted to start a journal here is because life can get a little lonely and it would be really nice to connect with people through here and get to share the highs and lows of life!  :)

Well, for now that will be all, I have a lecture to get to unfortunately! Hope to see you soon

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
So happy to see you're back and loving uni!!

What is your favourite moment of the year so far?
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
So good to see you back! ;D What prompted the return?

Commerce and Arts - nice one. Are you studying an even split of Commerce/Arts subjects atm? If so, any preference?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

mango8

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +58
First post ahaha, let's get hyped! Although I feel that I am the only one who is getting hyped lol, I might be the only one reading my journal!

I'll be very much looking forward to your journal and hearing about all your experiences in uni and life. Hope to see you soon too!

Pearlmilktea

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "fun n fresh"
  • Respect: +44
Yessss slay queen! So pumped for your journal!!

What an awesome degree choice :D Do you have any dream careers in mind?
HSC 2018: French Continuers (92)
HSC 2019: Biology (94), English Adv (92), French Extension  (41), Legal Studies (91) and Italian Beginners (95).

ATAR: 98.45
HSC All-rounder :)

Gracie :D

StudyBuddyKJ

• Trendsetter
+1
So good to see you back! ;D What prompted the return?

Commerce and Arts - nice one. Are you studying an even split of Commerce/Arts subjects atm? If so, any preference?

Hi there Joseph 41!

Well at the current moment, it isn't really an even split. I am in my first year and currently I am doing 3 commerce related subjects and one arts related subject!

I am so far liking my choice of subjects but right now, the highlight of my uni life is my arts unit, the Dance and Performance major that I have picked. It is by far my favourite subject! Currently, my core component of my Dance unit which I am doing is Dance and Performance in the 21st Century. It is really great ;D ;D ;D

StudyBuddyKJ

• Trendsetter
I'll be very much looking forward to your journal and hearing about all your experiences in uni and life. Hope to see you soon too!

Thanks so much :) Can't wait!

StudyBuddyKJ

• Trendsetter
+2
Yessss slay queen! So pumped for your journal!!

What an awesome degree choice :D Do you have any dream careers in mind?

Haha thank you! It isn't very common from what I know, cause I picked a very different mix. I am doing Commerce with Arts, majoring in Dance and Performance. The reason why I picked it was because I wanted to do something related in the dance field, becoming a professional dancer or an events manager in the dance field. I chose Dance along with Commerce because my ultimate dream is to have my own dance company.

I have been dancing for 6 years, majorly self taught but I have taken classes. I have learnt hip hop, jazz, contemporary, Indian cultural dance and hip hop, and I am so keen to learn more! Dancing has been a huge passion for me since I was young and I want to continue growing my skills and knowledge so I can master it :)

At this point, I am not really sure whether I am following the right path, but right now, I am loving the fact that I can study what I am deeply passionate about as well as earn my degree in Commerce so that I have the skills necessary for success in the business field.

StudyBuddyKJ

• Trendsetter
So happy to see you're back and loving uni!!

What is your favourite moment of the year so far?

Hi there! Well, my favourite moment so far is joining my uni's dance society! I have been able to find a supportive community that loves dance as much as I do, so it is really great jamming with them! I had performed for a hip hop dance show called Upstaged, and that was by far the highlight!

StudyBuddyKJ

• Trendsetter
+3
Hello its your girl StudyBuddyKJ and she is back with another entry!

Well to be honest, it isn't really as exciting as I made it sound in my intro. Currently I have exams coming up in two weeks and I am lowkey freaking out cause I have so much prep to do and my motivation is dying cause all I want is for this semester to be over and my month long break to start. RIPPP

I have three exams and one dance assessment coming up. Both my commerce subjects, BBA and Marketing are so content heavy, and I struggle with remembering everything I study. MicroEcon is by the far the worst as it has so much theory plus diagrams that can be so confusing to understand at times. I am really nervous for it cause it is worth 60% of our final! I have the lowest expectations for it-I just want to pass that's all.

As for my dance assessment, that should be fine. I need to get my choreography done as soon as possible and practice it fully.

It's going to be a very hectic two weeks! :'( :'( :'(