Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:15:55 am

Author Topic: What to do during holidays?  (Read 1990 times)  Share 

jenirus

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What to do during holidays?
« on: November 16, 2019, 02:40:50 pm »
I've finished all my year 12 exams and have a lot of time to do whatever I want.
Anyone have any suggestions on what to do during this time? I'm pretty sure most universities don't start until March. I've also decided to volunteer at a local store to kill a bit of time as well.

Thanks

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: What to do during holidays?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 03:38:17 pm »
+7
We get this type of question a lot as exams wind down. I have a list around the forum somewhere about what to do after exams end, written a couple of years ago, which I’ll link in this post later. Edit: Here’s a thread with two links to other posts in the same vein, one of which is the questionnaire I talked about above.

The one thing I would make sure to do is that you get a Tax File Number (TFN), if you haven’t already. It’ll be super helpful if you want to go to Uni, get a job or both. Three other things I’d also do during this time are celebrate, do things you weren’t able to do because of school, exams, etc. and help others by providing your notes/ assistance here on the forum. :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 04:30:42 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 02:29:15 pm »
Well I studied some Uni Physics and played video games.
I suggest playing all the video games you ever wanted to play!

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 03:09:48 pm »
+2
The one thing I would make sure to do is that you get a Tax File Number (TFN), if you haven’t already. It’ll be super helpful if you want to go to Uni, get a job or both. Three other things I’d also do during this time are celebrate, do things you weren’t able to do because of school, exams, etc. and help others by providing your notes/ assistance here on the forum. :)

Definitely want to second this! Your TFN is everything and now is the optimal time to get all of that sorted out. Even if you aren't job hunting yet, writing up your resume is another thing you could do should you decide to look for work soon. It'll save a lot of time down the track and you'll only need to update it here and there  :) You could also go driving lots if you're on your L's and get the hours if you haven't already! Once the year picks up, it might not be as easy to find time to so explore new places and go on new roads while you can  :D

I'd also arrange time to meet up with friends from high school to meet up and hang out. Arranging times to meet up becomes incredibly difficult once uni and work start to kick in, especially if your times don't align. There are quite a few good movies to watch or you could go bowling (they have great holiday discounts!) The possibilities are endless  :) Congratulations for finishing your exams and final year; now's the time for a well-deserved break!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music