HSC Stuff > UAC Discussion

UAC SELECTIONS

(1/1)

DalvinT:
Hey! So UAC selections for our preferences are coming up! And I'm interested in doing Dentistry, and of course, that requires doing the UMAT.
I will be taking the UMAT this year, but I know that I won't be getting a high percentile based on my progress now... (I'm not a pessimist btw lol, I do try my best to improve but I think it's going to be a slow and gradual process)...

Would it be smarter for me to apply for my desired Dentistry degrees? Or just apply for like a medical science/science degree so that I am able to do the GAMSAT and/or UMAT during my uni years...

The question does seem a bit weird because my mates have been telling me to not apply for the Science degree since I'm jumping to conclusion as they say that I don't know how I would do in the UMAT.

I DON'T KNOWWWW! I feel like I should just apply for the science degrees and do the UMAT again next year... Because to me, I see that taking the UMAT this year can indicate where my position is and thus, I am able to improve further...

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? HELPPP

Annie657:
In case you still want advice (aha this thread is so old) I would definitely put dentistry as all your uac preferences.

I am in a similar situation to you, however it is my atar I am worried about regarding wether I get into med! However the thing is, you can change your preferences once your atar (and your umat results) come out. Meaning if you don't get the umat you want, you can still change your preferences to a science degree  :) and this way also maximises your chances of getting an interview for dentristy, based on your predicted atar in case you actually do get a good enough umat (you never know!)  :)

Hope this helps!

DalvinT:

--- Quote from: Annie657 on August 15, 2017, 07:39:44 pm ---In case you still want advice (aha this thread is so old) I would definitely put dentistry as all your uac preferences.

I am in a similar situation to you, however it is my atar I am worried about regarding wether I get into med! However the thing is, you can change your preferences once your atar (and your umat results) come out. Meaning if you don't get the umat you want, you can still change your preferences to a science degree  :) and this way also maximises your chances of getting an interview for dentristy, based on your predicted atar in case you actually do get a good enough umat (you never know!)  :)

Hope this helps!

--- End quote ---

Oh I see! Yeah!! :) Alright, I'll do that haha, THANKS HEAPS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version