Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 12:55:58 am

Author Topic: 2020 Health and Human Development exam  (Read 4518 times)

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
2020 Health and Human Development exam
« on: November 06, 2020, 02:24:46 pm »
13 days until the HHD exam  :o

I'm steadily making progress with practice questions, almost done with U3 revision, and aiming to complete a couple of practice exams next week.

How are people holding up?

Lanib15

• Adventurer
Re: 2020 Health and Human Development exam
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 06:44:55 pm »
Hi, just wondering what methods people would recommend for exam revision? I have both the textbook and VCE Checkpoints for my subjects and I learn best from doing practice questions. Is it best to do practice questions from the textbook or other books that I have purchased? Eg checkpoints for VCE?

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 07:09:45 pm »
Hi, just wondering what methods people would recommend for exam revision? I have both the textbook and VCE Checkpoints for my subjects and I learn best from doing practice questions. Is it best to do practice questions from the textbook or other books that I have purchased? Eg checkpoints for VCE?

I personally don't use VCE Checkpoints, so I won't be able to help with that, however with the Jacaranda textbook questions I recommend completing their VCAA-style questions instead of regular chapter questions. (I think you can find them on the online version of the textbook)
Also the VCAA practice exams– even if you don't sit them in exam conditions, they're really beneficial as they're the closest thing you're gonna get to the actual assessment.  :D

Edit: Not sure if you meant for Maths Methods or for HHD but I'm sure my advice stands for both eheh
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 07:14:18 pm by blueycan »

Lanib15

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 08:49:30 pm »
I personally don't use VCE Checkpoints, so I won't be able to help with that, however with the Jacaranda textbook questions I recommend completing their VCAA-style questions instead of regular chapter questions. (I think you can find them on the online version of the textbook)
Also the VCAA practice exams– even if you don't sit them in exam conditions, they're really beneficial as they're the closest thing you're gonna get to the actual assessment.  :D

Edit: Not sure if you meant for Maths Methods or for HHD but I'm sure my advice stands for both eheh

Thankyou so much!

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 06:41:42 pm »
How did everyone find it?

When I first read through the exam I was like "this is doable" but once I started it was a different story
I ended up using all of the two hours and not being able to properly read over my answers /:

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 06:49:26 pm »
When I first read through the exam I was like "this is doable" but once I started it was a different story
I ended up using all of the two hours and not being able to properly read over my answers /:
This was me too!

Relieved it's over and out of the way now!

2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash