Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:45 pm

Author Topic: Study  (Read 604 times)

Ollierobb1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Study
« on: October 19, 2019, 06:36:34 pm »
I’ve got ext 2 maths coming up this Friday and my next exam after that is ext 1 maths on the 4th of Novemember (2 weeks away) and the rest are pretty close after that (chemistry and physics). My question is, should I be dedicating each day to one subject or should I split my day into two or three subjects?

Grace0702

• MOTM: OCT 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +32
Re: Study
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 06:48:16 pm »
+3
It honestly depends how you study. If you can get really deep into a subject and stay productive, then spending a whole day on a subject seems like a good option. However, I tend to get bored if I spend too much time on one subject so I split my day into blocks of 2-3 subjects so I can stay interested and productive. But about 1-2 days before an exam I will only study for that exam.
HSC 2019: Advanced Maths 92 || Standard English 89 || Physics 80 || Business Studies
95 || Information Processes and Technology 94 || Studies of Religion 1 45

ATAR: 96.05

2020: B Engineering/B Commerce @USYD

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: Study
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 06:01:05 pm »
+1
Whatever you find most productive! Like Grace said, different things work for different people and different subjects. If you can really focus on one subject (especially before a test or exam) that can be helpful as you don't have to spend as much time trying to figure out where you last left off. However, if you get bored (or struggle to concentrate) switching up subjects (or even topics or the way you are studying) can be good too.

Best of luck!!