Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:47:16 am

Author Topic: khad's journey to that sweet, sweet 99.95  (Read 27209 times)

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
khad's journey to that sweet, sweet 99.95
« on: June 06, 2019, 07:29:52 pm »
+16
yum, i love procrastinating by doing something that i think is productive, but really isn't.

i'm in year 10 (2019) and my semester 2 subjects are coming up soon and im doing bio unit 1. if you want to know why we are only offered a single unit of vce at year 10 for sciences but two for humanities, pm me, some things to know about me:

- i go to macrob
- my subjects for semester 2 (YEAR 10) are bio unit 1 (science subject), world game (sport, includes lacrosse, euro handball, etc.), german (language), folk and fairy tales (eng lang), maths (year 10, i didn't get into advanced) and architecture (arts/tech)
- i am always under some weird sort of stress, be it social, emotional, academic, incredibly personal, or just outright stupid, so im going to sound like a drama queen so bear with me
- i plan to do bio, chem, mathods, spesh, mainstream eng and german
- i need a 99.95 atar because i wanna get into med and get a scholarship
- my dumbass just learnt what vce is so i do not know which unis offer which scholarship but i want a 99.95 atar to just reach for the stars

06/06/2019:
- omg i literally just did my german listening test and i know i did so bad she kept looking at me like "hmm that aint it sis" and i messed up my writing task hooooooo boy
- also does no one on this site study vce german ;-;
- i have an oral tomorrow and i have not started yet imma just do it tonight, practice and do it on the train.
- "i dont think people are gonna be interested solely in your journey to vce but rather that you go to macrob" a friend of mine said this and i can not stop thinking about it. maybe theres some people who are interested in it but idk man
- im just so stressed. report writing day is next tuesday so maybe then i can breathe
- also what even is the morrisby test? im doing it next tuesday from home and if someone knows id appreciate the info

yeah im probably gonna update every week cuz year 10 for some isnt that interesting youkno. hopefully someone is like "this is my bible". doubt it but thatd be pretty funny lol

underneath (dont read if you cant be stuffed) is how year 10 subject selection works at macrob:

year round subjects: maths, language, english (different studies of english per semester), sports (different studies per semester)
semester based subjects: humanities, science and arts/tech or interdisciplinary

clearer summary of what im doing:
- year 10 maths
- essential sciences (already done) (includes biology, chemistry and physics)
- business and economics (already done)
- body balance (already done) (yoga, aerobics, dance, gymnastics)
- german
- literature, culture, revolution (already done) (modernism, post-modernism, romanticism, poetry) (literature-based)
- folk and fairy tales (basically, disney or original?) (language-based)
- world game (lacrosse, european handball)
- bio unit 1
- architecture (concept sketching, floor plans, elevations, 3d model)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 04:04:27 pm by khadeejaatif »
taking a break.

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: khad's journey to that sweet, sweet 99.95
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 08:49:05 pm »
+5
Hey!

Nice to see your journal pop up! Do you have a favourite subject right now? :)

Do you have any strategies to deal with stress (like meditation / breathing exercises, physical activity, talking to someone, journaling etc)?

Wishing you the best for VCE (and beyond!) ;D

2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 08:38:42 am »
+6
Hey!

Nice to see your journal pop up! Do you have a favourite subject right now? :)

Do you have any strategies to deal with stress (like meditation / breathing exercises, physical activity, talking to someone, journaling etc)?

Wishing you the best for VCE (and beyond!) ;D

i literally have no favourite subjects right now, i honestly wish i did. i feel like next semester tho it'll be bio or architecture. my strategy to deal with stress is to create like a plan in my head and i do some breathing exercises as well. physical activity for whatever reason gives me more stress and talking to someone is like a 50/50 thing. but yeah thanks for asking <3
taking a break.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 09:33:11 am »
+7
99.95 is an exceptionally high goal (you need to be in the top 0.05% of the state) and there are certainly  scholarships & med places offered for lower ATARs than that. That being said,  there's nothing wrong with having a high goal as long as you use it for motivation rather than feeling trapped by it.

Thanks for providing subject descriptions as otherwise I would've been completely lost ahaha.

Always having some kind of stressor is very relatable. When I was in year 10 I used to feel like I couldn't talk about my stress or stressors so I'm urging you to not close yourself off or feel you can't share those things.  Whether it's on here, to friends, family or a professional there's always someone you can talk to & often they'll appreciate being able to help and/or getting insight into your life .

Whatever your report is, it may be difficult to get through but then it's past. It's not going to impact your ATAR, uni or career.  In year 9 my science teacher didn't think I'd be able to handle VCE (a fair comment based on the space I was in) but by the end of year 11 I had a great relationship with them as my biology teacher and scored a 47 in that subject (top 0.7% of the state) .  It's certainly possible to turn things around if you don't get the results you're hoping for now!

That being said I wish you good luck :)

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 02:02:21 pm »
+1
99.95 is an exceptionally high goal (you need to be in the top 0.05% of the state) and there are certainly  scholarships & med places offered for lower ATARs than that. That being said,  there's nothing wrong with having a high goal as long as you use it for motivation rather than feeling trapped by it.

Thanks for providing subject descriptions as otherwise I would've been completely lost ahaha.

Always having some kind of stressor is very relatable. When I was in year 10 I used to feel like I couldn't talk about my stress or stressors so I'm urging you to not close yourself off or feel you can't share those things.  Whether it's on here, to friends, family or a professional there's always someone you can talk to & often they'll appreciate being able to help and/or getting insight into your life .

Whatever your report is, it may be difficult to get through but then it's past. It's not going to impact your ATAR, uni or career.  In year 9 my science teacher didn't think I'd be able to handle VCE (a fair comment based on the space I was in) but by the end of year 11 I had a great relationship with them as my biology teacher and scored a 47 in that subject (top 0.7% of the state) .  It's certainly possible to turn things around if you don't get the results you're hoping for now!

That being said I wish you good luck :)

im aware that there are scholarships that do accept lower atars but i just really want a 99.95 so i have a lot of options available for me, plus i really want to make my parents proud and be proud of myself when looking back (doesn't mean i wont be proud of anything lower tho). i am trying to find someone who i can talk to my issues about but thats the last thing on my mind rn for whatever reason but thank you for your advice and info <3
taking a break.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 05:18:55 pm »
+1
I'm keen to hear more about this "world game" subject. Think I would have loved it based on what you've said so far. What kinda stuff do you do in each class?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 10:24:56 am »
+1
I'm keen to hear more about this "world game" subject. Think I would have loved it based on what you've said so far. What kinda stuff do you do in each class?

we havent started world game as of yet, but for any sports subject a certain sport is done for two or three weeks and then we move onto the next. let's say for the first two or three weeks we do lacrosse and then we end up doing euro handball after. ill have to scour my papers to find what the subject entails but other than that that's how it is. health lessons are in between and i'm pretty sure we follow the curriculum guidelines for that. ill give some more info when the time comes <3
taking a break.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 06:03:25 pm »
+1
we havent started world game as of yet, but for any sports subject a certain sport is done for two or three weeks and then we move onto the next. let's say for the first two or three weeks we do lacrosse and then we end up doing euro handball after. ill have to scour my papers to find what the subject entails but other than that that's how it is. health lessons are in between and i'm pretty sure we follow the curriculum guidelines for that. ill give some more info when the time comes <3

Nice one! Sounds cool - looking forward to hearing about it more when the time comes. Like I said, I reckon I would have loved that subject.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 11:29:32 am »
+1
13/06/2019
- omg my stomach literally hurts so much last time it hurt this much i had to go hospital guySSSS
- i have to do a maths test and bio test im panicking
- i always panic before a test then after im like "huh, it wasnt too bad"
- my teacher gave me a caramello koala life's good even tho my stomach is killing me

UPDATES
- so i went to the doctors and they just told me it was some crappy pain that happens from time to time
- i honestly couldnt focus on my maths test cuz my stomach was killing me so i told my teacher and i really do hope he marks it as an n/a
- my bio test was uhhh let's not talk about it
- tomorrow is the start of my semester 2 subjects!!! hopefully this semester is better than the last
- my brother did his selective school exam and apprently the format changed sucks to be him hahahahaha
- and seriously, nobody does german on this site like im so lonely ;-;
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:47:28 pm by khadeejaatif »
taking a break.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 11:39:03 am »
+1
- omg my stomach literally hurts so much last time it hurt this much i had to go hospital guySSSS

You should get it checked!

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 08:50:46 pm »
+1
You should get it checked!

i have and i have world game last period so ill update you on how that goes by friday!!
taking a break.

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 01:01:32 pm »
heyyy it's nice to see another selective school buddy on here!

i have and i have world game last period so ill update you on how that goes by friday!!

how is your stomach doing?
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 07:57:10 pm »
heyyy it's nice to see another selective school buddy on here!

how is your stomach doing?

oof its good but lets see how long the bliss lasts for and what school do you go to?
taking a break.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 08:04:01 pm »
+3
i know i said id update on friday but uhhh i forgot haha
23/06/2019
- oof another week of classes have gone by but all of them are pretty g so far
- why do i run laps for half the elsson in world game tho? a bit annoying but lacrosse is actually much more fun than i thought it'd be
- we're doing mental health rn for health and yall should really try "smiley mind" (it made me relax too much and i ended up falling asleep haha)
- folk and fairy tales is literally amazing oh my gOD our teacher made us play a kind of dungeons and dragons game and aaAAAAAH
- i also talked to some of my other friends who are doing folk and fairy tales (who aren't with me i barely know anyone in my class ;-;) and they aren't doing this??
- architecture is so much more work than i thought it would be. so much sketching, rubbing, researching and citing aaaaaaaaaah
- still pumped for the 3d model we have to make towrads the end
- bio is going really good but that's only because i covered these topics before in tutoring. anyways, im sure thisll help me consolidate things and maybe learn some more stuff i didnt know
- oooooh german is still so exhausting. i like it but its really tiring and i hope we can finish the final case (genitive) soon (cases are complicated to explain)
- we are doing quadratics in maths and thats the only subject that feels great rn but maybe not for long who knows
- wow people actually read my journal this is amazing i feel special
taking a break.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 04:54:24 pm »
Lacrosse is a great sport! It's actually something I'd love to get into (at a super amateur level haha). What's your favourite part about it?

Also, Smiling Mind (assuming that's what you meant?) is super. I'd encourage you to keep at it. :)