Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:31:20 pm

Author Topic: Struggling with deciding what to do Semester 2!!  (Read 977 times)  Share 

mitchdow

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Struggling with deciding what to do Semester 2!!
« on: April 17, 2019, 10:14:21 am »
Hi everyone,
I am having real issues deciding what subjects to take in Semester 2, here a bit about me:
First Year Commerce, looking to major in Accounting and Finance.
Semester 1: Intro Micro, QM1, ARA and BLAW

Now, in Semester 2 I am definitely taking:
Intro Macro, Introductory Financial Accounting, Principles of Finance and ??

The problem is, I am kind of looking into doing French 1, however it is only offered in Semester 1, and I didn't do it this year as I was a bit worried about taking a language straight into uni. So, I will probably take it in S1 in second year (2020). This means I have one subject spot free and have no idea what to fill it with.
I have heard you should leave QM 2/Econ 1 until second year (which was going to be my option) as they are hard, so I have no idea - is there a fun breadth or an interesting Comm elective to take in first year?

Help!!

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: Struggling with deciding what to do Semester 2!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 11:07:22 am »
+1
Hi everyone,
I am having real issues deciding what subjects to take in Semester 2, here a bit about me:
First Year Commerce, looking to major in Accounting and Finance.
Semester 1: Intro Micro, QM1, ARA and BLAW

Now, in Semester 2 I am definitely taking:
Intro Macro, Introductory Financial Accounting, Principles of Finance and ??

The problem is, I am kind of looking into doing French 1, however it is only offered in Semester 1, and I didn't do it this year as I was a bit worried about taking a language straight into uni. So, I will probably take it in S1 in second year (2020). This means I have one subject spot free and have no idea what to fill it with.
I have heard you should leave QM 2/Econ 1 until second year (which was going to be my option) as they are hard, so I have no idea - is there a fun breadth or an interesting Comm elective to take in first year?

Help!!

Alternatively you could take French 1 during the winter term this year and then take French 2 during the semester. That'd be a little hectic, but it'd give you a chance to underload down the track :)
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd