Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 12:08:35 pm

Author Topic: Is bio required for medicine?  (Read 1770 times)  Share 

ilikenoodlez

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Is bio required for medicine?
« on: May 23, 2017, 06:45:56 pm »
I'm currently year 11 and subject changes for next semester have just started. I don't know what I want to do in the future or what course I want but my parents want me to try for medicine. I got about a week and a half to decide if I drop bio 1/2 or not. I find bio really boring and I don't like it very much, so I plan on dropping it for further. I did some research and apparently even if you don't do biology in school you're gonna have to learn it anyway in the future if you plan on doing medicine. Is this true or can I just not do bio? Thank u  :)

TheAspiringDoc

Re: Is bio required for medicine?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 06:54:12 pm »
+3
Afaik you don't need bio for med. however you will need to do a short bridging course at Uni in bio content. Do whatever you enjoy and are best at I reckon.

The Raven

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 07:24:28 pm »
+2
You don't need to do Bio in VCE to get into Med, however the Medicine course is basically all Biology related so if you really dislike Bio in VCE then you might not enjoy Med.

vcestressed

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 07:54:14 pm »
+3
I think you should look at the unit 3/4 textbook and see if the things you will be learning interest you. I did that last year for all my subjects and it helped. Also Unit 3 is a bit like an extension of unit 1. You don't need unit 1/2 to do unit 3/4 but it does help. If you find it 'really boring' right now, you will probably dread it next year because biology is a heavy subject.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:56:14 pm by vcestressed »