Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 08:30:15 pm

Author Topic: Can I still get a 40+ in Biology?  (Read 2676 times)  Share 

Zura

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can I still get a 40+ in Biology?
« on: May 14, 2017, 05:15:17 pm »
Am a year 11 student currently accelerating Biology. I went into my first SAC ever the other day, made a lot of stupid mistakes.
I got 73%, I'd say the score is about in the 60% percentile of my cohort.
Am I screwed? Can I still redeem myself? I have a SAC in a few days.
Sorry if I posted this in the incorrect place, I haven't used the forums before.

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: Can I still get a 40+ in Biology?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 05:29:37 pm »
+5
Am a year 11 student currently accelerating Biology. I went into my first SAC ever the other day, made a lot of stupid mistakes.
I got 73%, I'd say the score is about in the 60% percentile of my cohort.
Am I screwed? Can I still redeem myself? I have a SAC in a few days.
Sorry if I posted this in the incorrect place, I haven't used the forums before.

Of course you can still get 40+. One SAC doesn't count for all that much and tonnes of people screw up their first SAC. I got 50% in one of my bio SACs last year and still got 45 raw because in VCE the exam is what counts. Just make sure improve on your mistakes so you can smash the next one.
UAdel MBBS

princessofpersia

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +16
Re: Can I still get a 40+ in Biology?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 05:48:44 pm »
+3

100% agree with Quantum44.

Story time:
last year my average for sacs was in the low 70's (I dreaded the subject) while we had a couple of girls with high 90s. exam day came which I thought I did pretty well in- I got 40 ( but it was expected for me to get 35ish) Moral of story- study well, and remember exam day will be your saviour!