Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 10:20:38 pm

Author Topic: Enzymes - study design  (Read 5300 times)  Share 

jaceyjace

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +5
Enzymes - study design
« on: April 16, 2017, 03:49:52 pm »
Heya so I'm writing my biology notes to the study design but am unsure what to include (what we need to know) about:

1. the role of enzymes as protein catalysts in biochemical pathways
       2. the cycling of coenzymes (ATP, NADH, and NADPH) as loaded and unloaded forms to move energy, protons
           and electrons between reactions in the cell.

2016 - Physical education {43}

2017 - Literature, Further, Biology, Methods, French

2018 - Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ Monash University

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: Enzymes - study design
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 04:07:49 pm »
+3
1. For this dot point I assume they mean you need to be familiar with the general concept of an enzyme. This includes structure (must be able to draw a labelled diagram) and action (the methods of catalysing a reaction) along with all the terminology associated with enzymes.

2. This dot point is specifically focused on coenzymes in cellular respiration and photosynthesis. This means you need to know the stages where these coenzymes are oxidised/reduced into their various forms and how they move energy, protons and electrons from stage to stage in respiration and photosynthesis.
UAdel MBBS

jaceyjace

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +5
Re: Enzymes - study design
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 04:27:58 pm »
1. For this dot point I assume they mean you need to be familiar with the general concept of an enzyme. This includes structure (must be able to draw a labelled diagram) and action (the methods of catalysing a reaction) along with all the terminology associated with enzymes.

2. This dot point is specifically focused on coenzymes in cellular respiration and photosynthesis. This means you need to know the stages where these coenzymes are oxidised/reduced into their various forms and how they move energy, protons and electrons from stage to stage in respiration and photosynthesis.
Thankyou <3
2016 - Physical education {43}

2017 - Literature, Further, Biology, Methods, French

2018 - Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ Monash University