Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:38:16 pm

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 378334 times)  Share 

Mr. Universe

• Forum Regular
  • 2019 JMSS
  • Respect: +5
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1035 on: June 14, 2019, 09:11:49 pm »
You guys are worrying too much. It's not that hard. Just spend the little time remaining getting some good sleep and being confident for the test. I regret worrying so much last year.

Rohan1176

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1036 on: June 15, 2019, 08:55:51 am »
I'm a bit confused. I've been going to James An and they've said that there is no numerical reasoning. Could anyone quickly what Numerical Reasoning is and how I can quickly study it in less than a week?
Much appreciated

Hello There

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #1037 on: June 15, 2019, 10:28:32 pm »
Can someone please send me a link to the 2019-2020 JMSS entry discord?
Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #1038 on: June 17, 2019, 08:56:49 am »
Emails are up. Check guys.

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1039 on: June 17, 2019, 05:34:51 pm »
I heard that nearly half the people (400/940) will pass the test, I come from China where we practice for tests every day, so I'm not so worried. but the interview, however, only 200 will past, and fail at the interview is likely. Other than common extra-curriculum stuff, I apply scientific knowledge into life to make things (a railgun, a pair of fluorescent UV-detection glasses, etc.) can I mention that in the interview? As the show of ‘passion in science’ where everyone heard in the information night.

How much do you get for ur maths, i honestly get rllllly bad!!! like, idk, 25 to 30 everytime????

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1040 on: June 17, 2019, 06:09:55 pm »
Lol you guys need to chill out hahahah. If you are stressed or nervous during the exam I can tell you that you’re screwed. I did MHS in year 8, I was all prepared and I had studied very advanced questions but during the exam I was literally shaking which distracted me so much. In the exam I did last week I was super chill and I felt I was much more concentrated and I did much better.

Just relax guys and make sure you’re not stressed during the exam that’s all. I can show you one of the essays if you join the discord chat (i’m posting the prompt now over there).

MaheenNoted

• Adventurer
  • you can do it !!
« Reply #1041 on: June 17, 2019, 06:51:04 pm »
Does anyone know the total amount of people trying out ? I know I shouldn't worry but I just want to have an idea.
🙈💗

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1042 on: June 17, 2019, 06:52:12 pm »
+1
Lol you guys need to chill out hahahah. If you are stressed or nervous during the exam I can tell you that you’re screwed. I did MHS in year 8, I was all prepared and I had studied very advanced questions but during the exam I was literally shaking which distracted me so much. In the exam I did last week I was super chill and I felt I was much more concentrated and I did much better.

Just relax guys and make sure you’re not stressed during the exam that’s all. I can show you one of the essays if you join the discord chat (i’m posting the prompt now over there).

The thing is bro im screwed. The tension in my school  is sooo high that these days we don't even speak to each other. The highest superiors for select entry was 6 SUPERIORS!!! sooo yeah. If u can pls PM me some sample maths questions from test or just practice questions (as i need a lot of help with this one)

Dphammy:P

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1043 on: June 17, 2019, 11:15:28 pm »
+1
Alright, wish me luck (test is in a few days). So far I’ve gone through 6 completions of the year 9 and 10 science textbooks, did the entire year 10 math textbook twice and have done a lot and a lot of practice tests. So much has happened over the past year and I find it quite unbelievable that I have studied so much. I wouldn’t of even moved a muscle if it weren’t for AN ppl though, so thank you. Thanks for the motivation, thanks for the tips and basically thanks for everything.  :D

For those reading in the future, I’ll tell you what I did for prep. For the first 6 months of the year of prep, I aimed to learn the entire year 10/9 science and math content, taking it easy and slow. I was not working on speed at this point, instead I was working on knowledge. For the next 6 months I redid the textbooks, at a faster pace, to retain the information and also did practice tests. I did many practice tests from EduKingdom and JAC but also did some online. Each day I aimed to do at least 5 hours, which now I think about it, is crazy, but I was so wrapped up in determination I didn’t care.

Anyways, it getting late. I’ll tell you guys if I made it or not in a few months time.

Thanks you,
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 11:41:45 pm by Dphammy:P »

bambiiiii

• Adventurer
« Reply #1044 on: June 18, 2019, 02:32:34 pm »
So if i don't know the answer to the question on the test, should I do 'c' or 'b', which one? And does anyone have any last minute tips?

aspiringantelope

« Reply #1045 on: June 18, 2019, 02:46:40 pm »
+1
So if i don't know the answer to the question on the test, should I do 'c' or 'b', which one? And does anyone have any last minute tips?
For all the questions you do not know an answer to, I recommend guessing the same letter.

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1046 on: June 18, 2019, 08:21:31 pm »
Alright, wish me luck (test is in a few days). So far I’ve gone through 6 completions of the year 9 and 10 science textbooks, did the entire year 10 math textbook twice and have done a lot and a lot of practice tests. So much has happened over the past year and I find it quite unbelievable that I have studied so much. I wouldn’t of even moved a muscle if it weren’t for AN ppl though, so thank you. Thanks for the motivation, thanks for the tips and basically thanks for everything.  :D

For those reading in the future, I’ll tell you what I did for prep. For the first 6 months of the year of prep, I aimed to learn the entire year 10/9 science and math content, taking it easy and slow. I was not working on speed at this point, instead I was working on knowledge. For the next 6 months I redid the textbooks, at a faster pace, to retain the information and also did practice tests. I did many practice tests from EduKingdom and JAC but also did some online. Each day I aimed to do at least 5 hours, which now I think about it, is crazy, but I was so wrapped up in determination I didn’t care.

Anyways, it getting late. I’ll tell you guys if I made it or not in a few months time.

Thanks you,

Wow you studied a lot. Do you go to a selective school or something? Why do JMSS then?

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1047 on: June 18, 2019, 09:02:09 pm »
Does anyone remember any questions from last year for maths and numerical

Also how tough was the numerical? I mean were the worded problems really long or just short?

Thx

bambiiiii

• Adventurer
« Reply #1048 on: June 19, 2019, 05:27:27 pm »

Thanks you,

I know so many people that have been practicing this hard, are they just doing unnecessary work or did I not do enough?

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
« Reply #1049 on: June 19, 2019, 07:54:46 pm »
+2
don't worry, 400 out of 940 people will past the test, the most intense part is the interview. Do you even see 100 people here? we are the people that truly care about JMSS, many people around me, in my school or co-curricular that registered for JMSS doesn't even revise much or care much about it. I believe most of us will pass here, due to the fact that many of our competitors are going to selective entries.  If you had sufficient scientific knowledge, where a science person usually learns stuff in free time, don't worry, go for it. You might need to revise math, do some numeracy and scientific writing practice ( what I'm currently doing today), what people say are not 100% true, don't stress, studying on exams for 5 or more hours, which is similar to the 14 hours of studying per day in China, is pretty unnecessary.
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.